Glad most members here know at least a little

Artsifrtsi

I just wanna go wheeling...
Supporting Member
I have to put up with this shit on the JT forum ALL THE TIME…. He’d probably say a 33 will fit under a TJ with no lift...

Not correct - How will a suspension lift raise the transfer case skid plate that is bolted to the frame? What about the gas tank skid? It won't. The breakover angle of a JT will not change with a suspension lift.

The only way you are going to increase breakover angle is with larger tires, or some sort of belly tucked skid plate (which I doubt anyone makes).

Granted, larger tires require a lift, which with a JT you can get 35" under it with no lift.

What an idiot. My bet is correcting idiots like that would be a full-time job there.

And then they gang up on you when you finally have the new guy understanding why he needs lift… to all show you their mall crawlers with 35’s no lift flexed out on a curb… barely fit a dollar bill between tire and fender…

And then they gang up on you when you finally have the new guy understanding why he needs lift… to all show you their mall crawlers with 35’s no lift flexed out on a curb… barely fit a dollar bill between tire and fender…

I can't fit a dollar bill in between the tire and fender. And the amount of work it took to get there is overwhelming. 🤣

IMG_20220402_210910.jpg

I think you missed that they will fully stuff a 35 with no lift on a curb at the mall… not a boulder about the size of a civic… lol.

I didn't miss it. I've had similar discussions in actual parking lots. It does amuse me when a certain type of mall crawler doesn't know what they don't know. I'm very patient to show and explain. But I am also aware of how far some of those attention spans really extend. 🙂

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Oh... God... they struck again... Guy explaining the size shocks he installed...

1. Measure between the shock mounts at ride height.
2. Measure between the bumpstop and the point where the bumpstop contacts. Add 1" for compression of the rubber bumpstop.
3. Subtract #2 from #1.

• Face Palm
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
My brother rebuilt a JK. He asked me questions because the internet was crap when he searched for info.

This

16445229709843974363112323538806_275653185984064(1).jpg

To this

Resized952022082195153428.jpg

Resized_20220906_135811.jpeg

Resized_20220912_111235.jpeg

With some used axles and tires (because someone is always going bigger), a little pulling on the frame, and some spit shining. He became a local dealer to get a spring lift and control arm upgrades.

Yes a lift was required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artsifrtsi