Gladiator Superbowl Ad

I'm I the only one who was sad to see them crush a classic?

No sir you are not.

Meh, I'm just not a fan. How about an aggressive 2019 version of the old Gladiator front end? These'll be offered by China aftermarket before long I am sure.

I'm I the only one who was sad to see them crush a classic?

That annoyed me too and I even like the new gladiator. That Jeep looked pretty nice and even rust free. I hate when people ruin good stuff for no real reason. I saw this guy on facebook the other day joking about how he cut up a rust free TJ frame to send it to the junkyard because he ran out of time and space to work on his project. When I was in the market for a frame, I would've driven across the country for a frame this nice. Makes you wonder how much nice stuff goes to waste on a daily basis for no reason.

That annoyed me too and I even like the new gladiator. That Jeep looked pretty nice and even rust free. I hate when people ruin good stuff for no real reason. I saw this guy on facebook the other day joking about how he cut up a rust free TJ frame to send it to the junkyard because he ran out of time and space to work on his project. When I was in the market for a frame, I would've driven across the country for a frame this nice. Makes you wonder how much nice stuff goes to waste on a daily basis for no reason.

View attachment 75535

View attachment 75536
Cutting that up was retarded.

I honestly thought they "hollywooded" that classic Gladiator when I saw it the first time. No way they just crushed an original... well damn, guess I just didn't want to believe it.

Honda Ridgeline sold like crazy the first few years, this new unit has potential to those who are not on forums for jeep guys. Mall crawlers love the JKU with their 37's and 373's...this will be marketed to the same crowd becaue they are willing to spend 50K and another 10K on mods. TJ guys will claim it wont sell, but they said the same about the JK and it is a major seller for FCA. Its not my cup of tea, but it does appeal to a large part of the population. JMHO tim

It looks like a Treep,
That will be driven by a Creep

I just hate the breakover angles, they suck in the rear especially. I’d be dragging my ass all day long like a tired old dog.

Reactions: rasband
No jeep pickup has ever sold in massive numbers . Sorry .

Not saying they aren't cool , and not saying they weren't good trucks , some were . The Jeep brand has done very well overall ...namely because of it's namesake vehicle - Jeeps . It's been so popular it is the name for any convertible off road capable suv essentially.

The Gladiator will sell to some extent , but most folks that need a 65,000 dollar truck will get F-250's and 2500's, and the gladiator doesn't compete with the other mid size trucks on price, and certainly doesn't compete with the the full size trucks on power, payload and towing ...not even close .

Basically , don't believe the hype ...it simply isn't going to create a new category or even come close to JK and JL success .

Basically it will be an oddity .

You'll see some , but so few you 'll basically know who owns it , where they work, live , etc . You can't turn around without seeing a JK .

Reactions: lowranger
I think Tacoma type people might go for the Gladiator

Maybe I'm with the minority here, but I seriously think that Gladiator is the most butt ugly thing I've seen in a long time.

I don't mind the look of the 2-door JLs, but those Gladiators are so friggin' long that they just look stupid.

Maybe if they had made it in a 2-door version, then I could stomach it.

Meh, I'm just not a fan. How about an aggressive 2019 version of the old Gladiator front end? These'll be offered by China aftermarket before long I am sure.

I’m saving judgement until I see one in person. There’s a middle market between a Tacoma and Wrangler they may be going for, though I think a lot of them would favor the Tacoma.
I think Tacoma type people might go for the Gladiator

My thoughts are similar, when I was buying and talking to friends they all seemed to be debating between a Tacoma and a Wrangler. While most of us have bought by now and “chosen our current sides” - I could see a number of my contacts leaning toward the gladiator (other than the “legendary” maintenance of a Toyota).

The result would be a similar price tag with the lift/off road readiness of the gladiator vs the OME lifts on the Tacos (not a bad car, just different).

Reactions: JMT
I think this one Savvy was working on looks awesome. They haven’t posted any pictures of it complete yet but appears to be getting the works

Reactions: JeepZilla380
That's an interesting front clip, very old school. I like the modernized version personally. Not sure why a modern Gladiator should look like a Wrangler.

I’m guessing it’s partially a function of bean counting, they can use the same molds for over half of the vehicle.

Reactions: Duke-TJ
That's an interesting front clip, very old school. I like the modernized version personally. Not sure why a modern Gladiator should look like a Wrangler.
I had the very same thought about the name. The Gladiator was a truck and was not based on a CJ frame. I guess Fiat decided that gladiator was more marketable than scrambler or JL-8.