glwood's 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Summerized today. A lot of photos, but I figured I can post as many as I like on my own thread...:)

Hard top removal work site:
View attachment 39961

The main removal tool:
View attachment 39962 View attachment 39963 View attachment 39964
The cart and storage site:
View attachment 39965
Backing in:
View attachment 39966
Strapping up:View attachment 39967 View attachment 39968
Picking up:
View attachment 39969 View attachment 39970
It's down and on the cart!
View attachment 39971
Hard top covered and put away for the summer:
View attachment 39972 View attachment 39973

On to the summer stuff...Spiderwebshade:
View attachment 39974 View attachment 39975 View attachment 39977
Nets:
View attachment 39980 View attachment 39982
And the sailcloth soft top, done!
View attachment 39984

Very NIZE rig. My summer transformation is always ready....just switch on the A/C:sun_smiley:

Which seat covers are you running? How do they fit and how do you like them?
Bartact. Best fit and materials on a seat cover I have had, and I've had several brands over the years.

I didn't need seat covers, my seats still looked like new, but these fit and look so good; plus, they keep my oem seats like new.

That's a beautiful Jeep!
I was wondering, did you look for a long time, or did you possibly run across it by chance ?
Totally by chance. I wasn't even looking for a TJ. I was driving a 2012 JK Sport at the time, and was at the local Toyota dealership getting my Tacoma an oil change, and decided to wait there. Looked around the lot, and there it was, with 18.3k miles, looked brand new inside & out. No price listed. Didn't really think about buying it that day with no price listed, I figured it was too much. On a whim, the next week, I emailed the dealer for a price. $16.9k. I drove straight over there and signed the papers on my lunch break.

Totally by chance. I wasn't even looking for a TJ. I was driving a 2012 JK Sport at the time, and was at the local Toyota dealership getting my Tacoma an oil change, and decided to wait there. Looked around the lot, and there it was, with 18.3k miles, looked brand new inside & out. No price listed. Didn't really think about buying it that day with no price listed, I figured it was too much. On a whim, the next week, I emailed the dealer for a price. $16.9k. I drove straight over there and signed the papers on my lunch break.

@glwood that's an amazing price for a really beautiful TJ Rubicon. I hope you bought a lottery ticket that day as well!

Did you sell your JK? How much have you driven the silver beauty so far? Would love to see some pics in the wild ..

@glwood that's an amazing price for a really beautiful TJ Rubicon. I hope you bought a lottery ticket that day as well!

Did you sell your JK? How much have you driven the silver beauty so far? Would love to see some pics in the wild ..
The day I signed the paperwork was a Wednesday. The following Saturday I took my JK to Carmax, sold it to them, and walked over to the Toyota dealership to pick up the TJR. :)

The Rubicon has about 24k miles on it now, so about 6k in the 18 months since purchase. I wish I had some photos of it in the wild, but don't unfortunately...

Reactions: KCsTJ and psrivats
I had every intention of off-roading regularly, shoulder surgery last December put a kink in any mod plans for that...I'm almost back to 100% with the shoulder. Meantime, I've just been enjoying it as is.

Reactions: KCsTJ
The day I signed the paperwork was a Wednesday. The following Saturday I took my JK to Carmax, sold it to them, and walked over to the Toyota dealership to pick up the TJR. :)

The Rubicon has about 24k miles on it now, so about 6k in the 18 months since purchase. I wish I had some photos of it in the wild, but don't unfortunately...

My opinion, the TJ is a way better Wrangler than the JK. The newer they get the less real JEEP they become.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Might as well keep all the information in one place instead of scattered around the forum.

Latest project - painting the blue half doors I picked up for $200 from a guy I sold a blue TJ Sport to years ago, he sold the TJ but still had the doors:

Before
img_0269-1-jpg-jpg.jpg

img_0270-1-jpg-jpg.jpg

img_0271-1-jpg-jpg.jpg

img_1135-jpg.jpg

img_1134-jpg.jpg

img_1133-jpg.jpg

After, so far
img_1136-jpg.jpg

img_1138-jpg.jpg

img_1139-jpg.jpg

img_1140-jpg.jpg

That’s my green towel in the last picture. I could swear it’s the same one. Love the compost bin. Oh yeah, the doors ;) that’s what I’m supposed to be looking at. They look fantastic....little shad darker, possibly, but it could just be the light since they are not in the same plane as the Jeep.

I envy your half doors. I'm forever looking for a set with Khaki door panels.

I'm not sure what's up with the green towel...but I have the exact same one in my garage too that I use for all sorts of things.
Great job on the doors! You gotta be happy with that! Are you done with them? Just have to let the paint dry more then put the hardware back on?

I'm not sure what's up with the green towel...but I have the exact same one in my garage too that I use for all sorts of things.
Great job on the doors! You gotta be happy with that! Are you done with them? Just have to let the paint dry more then put the hardware back on?
That towel thing is hilarious. I went back and took a look at what all the fuss was about, and doggone if I don't have a towel just like it, as well. Mine is still in the bathroom, however, being used rather unimaginatively as a towel. Maybe I should expand its horizons, and relegate it to garage duty!

That towel thing is hilarious. I went back and took a look at what all the fuss was about, and doggone if I don't have a towel just like it, as well. Mine is still in the bathroom, however, being used rather unimaginatively as a towel. Maybe I should expand its horizons, and relegate it to garage duty!
I think you should Squatch! Be like the other cool kids!