IMG_0808_zpsqicz2hso.JPG

OME suspension replaced the BB
IMG_0858.JPG

Dirtworx bumpers front & rear
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG

Trying to talk the Tacoma out of the carport
IMG_1078.JPG

Awesome ride and a nice build so far! Love the nets. Did you just do the 2" suspension lift or does tat include the BL too? You are making things hard on me. I just purchase some wheels (15x8) and I was all set to do 31x10.5 tires...but now seeing that, I am thinking 32" Maybe 11.5" wide. I will likely have a 2" lift (either the OME suspension lift or just a budget boost with ranchos for now)... As soon as I can get some decent pics of my new ride I am planning on starting my own build thread... Decisions, decisions

Congrats!

What brand is that rack? What did you think of the quality? Your rig definitely looks cleaner without it, I have to say. Dirtworx bumpers?
I do not know the brand of the rack, I did not see any markings. Could've been because I was in so much of a hurry to get rid of it. I traded the rack, nerf bars, and tires for the new tires at a local auto dealer who specializes in Jeeps.

Yes, Dirtworx.

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
Awesome ride and a nice build so far! Love the nets. Did you just do the 2" suspension lift or does tat include the BL too? You are making things hard on me. I just purchase some wheels (15x8) and I was all set to do 31x10.5 tires...but now seeing that, I am thinking 32" Maybe 11.5" wide. I will likely have a 2" lift (either the OME suspension lift or just a budget boost with ranchos for now)... As soon as I can get some decent pics of my new ride I am planning on starting my own build thread... Decisions, decisions. Congrats!
Thanks!

No body lift. 2" OME springs & shocks, + 3/4" poly spring spacers. I actually had a bit more lift from the BB, and the ride with the Ranchos was comparable.

Thanks! How do you like them? I worry a bit about a frame mounted rail/slider not offering enough protection for the tub, but I'm not going to generally be doing crazy rock crawling or wheeling. Reviews I see seem to be pretty positive but not glowing.
These mount where the body mounts bolt up, and are very sturdy. They do what I want, and I've been completely satisfied.

Can I get a link to wear you got those nets? Good looking jeep.
Thank you.

The net is the one piece wraparound from Jeepcargonet.com

http://www.jeepcargonet.com/2016-02-10-05-56-18/prod92-06

They were originally purchased for my 2012 JK, but I modified them to work with the TJ. They now are essentially identical to the TJ nets in the link above. The first photo on that page is misleading. The wraparound net does not go over the top. It just goes around the sides and back.

Thank you.

The net is the one piece wraparound from Jeepcargonet.com

http://www.jeepcargonet.com/2016-02-10-05-56-18/prod92-06

They were originally purchased for my 2012 JK, but I modified them to work with the TJ. They now are essentially identical to the TJ nets in the link above. The first photo on that page is misleading. The wraparound net does not go over the top. It just goes around the sides and back.

The soft top can still close around it correct?

The soft top can still close around it correct?
Absolutely. I run those with the Spiderwebshade during the summer, top on and top off. Where it straps to the upright on the roll cage right behind the door, you just put that part of the net/strap on the inside of the soft top bows. If you zoom in on the photo above, you'll see what I mean. Or, see the last photo below in post #17.

My buddy who purchased my last TJ X runs his year round.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlWrangler99
Summerized today. A lot of photos, but I figured I can post as many as I like on my own thread...:)

Hard top removal work site:
IMG_1105.JPG

The main removal tool:
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1107.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG

The cart and storage site:
IMG_1109.JPG

Backing in:
IMG_1111.JPG

Strapping up:
IMG_1112.JPG