GMRS or HAM radio?

Yes, we see this different and I knew you'd be notified anyway. I wasn't trying to pick out any one thing you said. Not trying to side step but I think I understand your position.
I actually don't care what people do and have no position on if or how people choose to use various radio frequencies, I just care that people are logically consistent.

Reactions: pagrey
I was going to comment that he's really just a radio reviewer now.
I get it, his Salton Sea stuff and trail videos were enjoyable but nobody watched them. At the end of the day if you want to get a check in the mail you make what people watch. I get a laugh out of the newer stuff. He definitely changed his tune right around a video he did in Joshua Tree. I thought he had a stroke or something the first few videos after that but it's worked for his channel.

Not on YouTube that's for sure. He's also said no trail videos because nobody watches. I haven't checked Amazon, I will. Thanks.

Already 22K views in 3 days, so I understand why he doesn't do trail videos anymore. Takes him probably a couple hours to do a GMRS video. A trail video would be a day on the trail, hours of editing (not that a day on a trail would be bad).

Figure you can only do the same local trail video so many times. With radios, he can just keep reviewing all the new radios that come out and pissing off the ham people lol.

pissing off the ham people lol.
I wonder how many more views that nets him...

200.gif

I got my antenna mounted, now wiring in my radio. Is there any benefit to running a dedicated power supply wire from the battery or can I use a power supply wire that I power other items in cab on as well (air compressor switch, locker switches etc).

I got my antenna mounted, now wiring in my radio. Is there any benefit to running a dedicated power supply wire from the battery or can I use a power supply wire that I power other items in cab on as well (air compressor switch, locker switches etc).

I would run it direct to the battery, anything else can cause a good bit of interference you will hear in the radio.

Reactions: Zorba and B00mb00m
I would run it direct to the battery, anything else can cause a good bit of interference you will hear in the radio.

This. Plus anything over 20 watts should have a good dedicated power line and a dedicated ground.

No advantage at all. Test it with a jumper cable or something but you don't need a new wire. All the recent posts about these youtube videos center on one thing, bullshit that doesn't matter. Don't fall into that crap. Your existing power wires will work fine.

No advantage at all. Test it with a jumper cable or something but you don't need a new wire. All the recent posts about these youtube videos center on one thing, bullshit that doesn't matter. Don't fall into that crap. Your existing power wires will work fine.

Whelp I did end up running a new power wire from battery and put a new ground screw in dash. With my CB I did have a bunch of interference between cb and air compressor. It's done now just figuring out how to use it!