Go topless weekend in Galveston

Fixer6

TJ Enthusiast
Wow! Doesn’t this sound like a good time?

06A9DB24-9D6B-401B-B726-1203665E1C6D.png

If you look this story up, there’s a guy who fell out of the back of a Jeep, and then somehow the rear tire mashed his head into the sand. Didn’t kill him, but he ain’t doing so hot right now. Other stories are Lifeflight had to be used as an ambulance because everything else was busy. atv’s, utv’s and trucks not Jeepers caused all the problems. Too much drunk and stupid in one place. Play stupid games = win stupid prizes.

Last edited:
I know a guy who goes to this every year. He drives a TJ on 40’s, flame red, Dana 44’s. I’m going to text him and see if he has any pics

Reactions: Jack72 and Fixer6
heres one

2A6BB18C-A4B8-4C1D-B8E2-B6AD013CFD6F.png

And there’s also a petition going around to change it. It’s not sponsored by the city, it’s just a social media thing on public land. It’s on the local news and there must have been literally thousands of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, on the beach going every direction at the same time. They blurred out a jacked up truck load of topless girls driving by flying a MAGA flag, and some guy mooning everybody from the back of a JK.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of those Jeeps had angry bird grills and 4-doors.

I'll bet there was a lot of bro-dozers and douche-bagery going on.

One thing I've learned from larger events (namely riding motorcycles in large groups) is that it's actually a better idea (and more fun) to go with a small group of people whom you know well enough to know that they won't do stupid shit.

When I first started riding motorcycles and would go to these large group rides with hundreds of riders, it was just like this. Tons of assholes trying to show off, race other people, and just act like asshats in general.

I came to realize that I enjoyed the rides much more when it was with a group of just a few people whom were more experienced riding, had nothing to prove, and wouldn't try to outpace you or show off.

That being said, from then on, I always avoided large group rides with unknown fellow riders for reasons very similar to this.

I think the same lesson can be applied to Jeeps as well.

The videos are popping up on the u-tube. From what I’ve seen so far, most of the Jeepers were not the problem. Lots of nice Jeeps of all shapes and sizes for sure. Some I would consider works of art, and others seem to be major cash dumps. Piling up a bunch of people who can’t seem to drive worth a damn, coupled with a lot of the “me me me” crowd, then pour alcohol on top, sprinkled with stupid equals problems galore. A petition to end it all is circulating too, but I think will go nowhere. To me it would seem like just a few rules could fix it.
1. Everybody back up to park, facing the water, as far back as possible.
2. Speed limit is 10mph at all times, period.
3. If you want to stop and talk, fine - get out of the way of those behind you.
4. Understand you aren’t any more special than anyone else out there.
5. Pack out more trash than you took in.
6. Control yourself at all times

Reactions: Allstar424
The videos are popping up on the u-tube. From what I’ve seen so far, most of the Jeepers were not the problem. Lots of nice Jeeps of all shapes and sizes for sure. Some I would consider works of art, and others seem to be major cash dumps. Piling up a bunch of people who can’t seem to drive worth a damn, coupled with a lot of the “me me me” crowd, then pour alcohol on top, sprinkled with stupid equals problems galore. A petition to end it all is circulating too, but I think will go nowhere. To me it would seem like just a few rules could fix it.
1. Everybody back up to park, facing the water, as far back as possible.
2. Speed limit is 10mph at all times, period.
3. If you want to stop and talk, fine - get out of the way of those behind you.
4. Understand you aren’t any more special than anyone else out there.
5. Pack out more trash than you took in.
6. Control yourself at all times
I used to live in Galveston and attended a few of the topless weekends. It was great to get out and meet some fellow Jeepers. Like any event, there were plenty of nice guys and plenty of douches. It eventually got too big with too many angry JK's that I lost interest in going. Still a waaaay better crowd than the Lone Star Rally guys. Don't even get me started on Kaapa week. Walmart would refuse to open during Kaapa.