Gobi Rack Axe And Shovel Mount Alternatives

Tr0ut

Supporting Member
I am looking for a shovel/axe mount for my Gobi roof rack. Gobi makes one, but I just can't stomach the $225.00 price tag. Has anyone found an alternate that will work?

1662753442531.png

Nice! I've had mine for about 3 weeks. Ordered it on December 16th...
I went with the Ranger light bar. I have a friend that could make me a set I bet, don't know why I didn't think of that.

IMG_7764.JPG

IMG_7765.JPG

Reactions: L J and Moglocker
Folks will steal a lot of stuff but in my experience not many thieves will bother with a short handle shovel. I just use a bungee cord On the shovel to the rack.
The axe might go missing to the homeless, maybe keep that inside the Jeep. I have opted for a sharp machete and a cross cut saw in the Jeep.
if you are going topless then all bets are off.

Folks will steal a lot of stuff but in my experience not many thieves will bother with a short handle shovel. I just use a bungee cord On the shovel to the rack.
The axe might go missing to the homeless, maybe keep that inside the Jeep. I have opted for a sharp machete and a cross cut saw in the Jeep.
if you are going topless then all bets are off.
I have one of the angry beaver assault shovel(lol)but not wanting to look all overlanding guy(lol)I do carry a little Glock folding shovel.just doing some traveling letting the housing market go down.