Going Alone - Single Vehicle Offroad Travel Safety

If your husband every needs the best pricing he'll ever find on FLIR, Trijicon or other infrared cameras, rifle scopes or sights, let me know. One of the companies I do web work for sells nothing but thermal stuff, and I can get it for cheaper than anyone else, including Optics Planet!

Trijicon MRO pricing please...

:)

Trijicon MRO pricing please...

:)

I'm not sure whether they can get optics other than thermal, but I don't see why they couldn't, since they do sell the entire line of Trijicon thermal (which was formerly IR Defense).

I'll ask them when I see them next week on Tuesday for a business meeting we're having!

Reactions: Serbonze
If your husband every needs the best pricing he'll ever find on FLIR, Trijicon or other infrared cameras, rifle scopes or sights, let me know. One of the companies I do web work for sells nothing but thermal stuff, and I can get it for cheaper than anyone else, including Optics Planet!
I just told him - he's thinking. I'll get back to you if he decides he needs more toys!

Reactions: Chris
Im bad about going alone. But my wife has hunted my hunting spots with me so as long as I tell her which spot I'm hitting she can find me. She even showed up one about 10 pm. I dropped an elk and had just loaded the last load and was taking a breather.

I go pretty well prepared. Shelter and small stove and enough food for a few days.
My wife and I hunt a lot together. When I do go alone .... same as you, my wife knows the area I'll be in and knows where to find me....or at least find my tracks and start from there. :)

Reactions: StG58
I really like Idaho, my wife and I have taken our horses several times and have hunted elk and deer just north of Stanley.
Craig and Joan's Experiences 195.jpg

That is a breathtaking photo! I do love this state. I would be tempted to do that if my horse was trailsafe, but sadly she is not. That looks like an absolutely wonderful trip!
It was a great trip! Yes, you do need a good trail horse. That's pretty much all we did with our horses. Trail ride and hunt with them.

Here, my wife and I packed into the Marbel Mountain wilderness area here in Northern California. It took us 7 hours on horseback to get into a lake where we stayed and fished for 5 daysView attachment 11705 .

What a great picture and trip!
My husband hunts elk up here (north Idaho), both gun and bow season, and he and some friends have an "elk camp" set up for both seasons. You and your wife are more than welcome to come visit and stay in the elk camp and hunt any time. They don't use horses, just ATVs.

Thank you. We do have an ATV and a side by side and we have a trailer we pull with either one to put gear or game in.
Do you have to put in for a draw for elk were you hunt?

Thank you. We do have an ATV and a side by side and we have a trailer we pull with either one to put gear or game in.
Do you have to put in for a draw for elk were you hunt?
I asked my husband - he says no. You can buy your license and elk tag over the counter at any sporting goods store. There is no draw for elk; just the limit on your tag. Did I get your question right?