Going Alone - Single Vehicle Offroad Travel Safety

Yeah!! That was a good post, Chris. I read that thread from the expedition portal ( http://expeditionportal.com/going-alone-single-vehicle-offroad-travel-safety/). That is really informative and useful to the truck drivers. There are some other things you should keep in mind while driving.

Be alert and know everything that is going around you. Never let any strangers rob you. take proper rest prior to the driving. There are chances for you fall asleep during the long drive especially if you are driving all alone. Take a break in every couple of hours to avoid falling sleep.

Be aware of the climatic condition of the place you are traveling. Check the condition of your truck, check whether the tires are properly inflated and have a full tank of gas. Also, be aware of the laws of the state or country you are traveling.

Be extra cautious during the night. Depend on the technology for help. Use the GPS and other lone worker monitoring app that are designed for the particularly for the solo travelers and workers. Also, never depend on them too much. They might not support if you have a poor network connection. So get a route map of your travel.

I tend to travel alone often (Domestic & internationally) my wife gave up on me years ago, sleep deprivation, dehydration, are strangely not appealing to her. Sleeping in strange places like Hostels, along roadside, I contribute to my Carny days in West Texas. It's almost a right of passage to have visited Hospital in a foreign lands (Thailand- Motorbike accident, Philippines- Vomiting uncontrollably...Twice!).

Back in 83-84 living in New Mexico, I'd hitchhike from Taos to Angle Fire during winter where I worked making snow. 85-86, I pretended to be a cowboy on cattle ranch, kicked my ass but I really enjoyed the experience! I've been run over, hit in the head hard enough to lose a week, gun/knives pointed at me, was even mugged once... I've got more lives then a Tomcat. Death doesn't kill you, doing nothing does.

Shit happens. You're for a good time. Not a long time.