Going from 6 inch lift to...?

4.10's can turn 32's nicely. Might be ok for 33's too. With 32's you can use stock control arms. And get you everywhere you describe. And do it with a simple 2-3 inch spring with no body lift needed. But I would go through the Jeep carefully. The guys I know that would put a 6" spring in also do some sketchy work elsewhere on a vehicle.

I'd like to revisit this comment. At first I was hell-bent on 33x12.50's. Thanks to this forum, I have come to realize that the higher you go, the more complicated things get (SYE, adjustable control arms, etc.) Additionally, since my wife and kids will be using the Jeep, it makes sense for me to keep the Jeep low and maybe run 32's.

This opens up the possibility of buying a set of JK Rubicon wheels and tires. These can be had on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace by the dozens. Of course, I would need the adapters but that is not a significant cost.

I'm now looking at a set of OME 1.5" lift springs. Would this be sufficient to clear the 32's for the type of driving I am doing? (again, 99% asphalt, the 1% off road will be on relatively flat terrain.) If I had any clearance issues I guess I could add a body lift or small coil spring spacers. If you all think this is a good option, I would get the Rancho RS5000X shocks and a set of stock replacement lower control arms. Would such a setup need an adjustable front track bar? Of course, I would ditch the 2nd steering stabilizer and swap the dropped pitman for a stock unit.

Sorry to change direction so drastically. I like to do things right the first time and I want to get the right stuff the first time and not have to do it twice.

Any spring lift will by nature cause the axle to shift a bit. I have 2 1/2" OME springs an it shifted the axle less than 1/2". There is absolutely no need to re-center the axle unless your OCD kicks in. Mine did and a Rubicon Express adjustable was recommended. It uses stock locations and is easily adjusted, though, again, that little bit of shift is really hard to notice even if you are looking for it.

I have a set of 5 Canyon wheels w/ 31s for sale and am located in Winder GA. I am also going to be taking my stock upper, lower control arms, springs and shocks off to install my JKS 3 inch lift here in a couple of weeks. I could sell these to you as well. I am located in Winder Georgia.

Is there a complete kit for all the necessary shock hardware?

I am looking at the products below and trying to decide between piecing together my own kit or just going with the Zone 3" for the sake of simplicity: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0021FVGYQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

What else will I need in addition to the items below in order to run 32" rubicon wheels and tires?

jeep.JPG

jeep2.JPG

Last edited: