Going to install 8" marine speakers

Roel Salazar

Hi, Im getting all I need to upgrade my sound system, but, have anyone installed 8" speakers yet?.

If someone has do it, please reply with photos, I wanna see how it looks

Im going to make a aluminium sound bar so I can fit the 4 speakers in the top like stock.

The speakers are PowerBass Xl-82m 8"

They are great, use to have them in front of my atv

Don't pay extra for a speaker that is marketed for "marine" use. Anything sold to boaters is automatically way more expensive.

All that marine rating means is its speaker cone is made from either mylar or polyurethane which isn't affected by moisture. You'll find very few paper cones used in automotive speakers, I haven't seen one in years. By far, most already come with mylar and polyurenthane cones. Just make sure whatever speaker you buy has a mylar or polyurethane cone and it'll be fine out in the elements.

Reactions: Zorba and SPECWAR
Don't pay extra for a speaker that is marketed for "marine" use. Anything sold to boaters is automatically way more expensive.

All that marine rating means is its speaker cone is made from either mylar or polyurethane which isn't affected by moisture. You'll find very few paper cones used in automotive speakers, I haven't seen one in years. By far, most already come with mylar and polyurenthane cones. Just make sure whatever speaker you buy has a mylar or polyurethane cone and it'll be fine out in the elements.
I already have the speakers, just looking for references to build my sound bar

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
There's nothing wrong with paper cone speakers - as long as they're in a dry location. But Jerry speaks sooth - almost all speakers are plastic of once sort or another nowadays. I put "marine" speakers into my soundbar - older Jensens someone gave me years ago, and "Kickers" in my dash. They're both constructed the same, except the Kickers have a bit more sensitivity than the Goddess-only-knows-how-old Jensens. Sound the same too.