Going to work on Ol’ Blue

oldbluejeep

Supporting Member
This is my 2000 4.0 Sport that I’ve owned since 2005 (2nd Owner). Just went over 130k miles and I’m getting started on some upgrades and refreshing some of the older parts. Just received the OME 2” HD lift kit, parts needed for the ZJ steering upgrade, and picked up an 03-06 hard top a few weeks ago that’s in pretty good shape.

Did some minor repairs last week - leaking front diff pinion seal, drum brake rebuild, and new drive belt. Also replaced both rear seals and the support arms on the hard top.

This week will be new plugs, coil pack, and undercoating. I’ll post pics periodically but can’t wait to get the work all done.

707D7860-3FC3-4136-875D-E90B893B4CCB.jpeg

that's a good looking jeep, I like the color
Appreciate it! Will be doing paint last. Clear coat on the hood is doing the usual peel/fade. I had thought about having it painted challenger orange but decided to stay with the original color. I will be having the top redone to a darker charcoal gray and in a flat, textured finish.

Looking good. I have the same lift and it’s worked well for what I do. Looking forward to your next upgrade.
This will be my hunting/fishing vehicle when I retire. Old national forest roads will be about the heaviest wheeling I’ll be doing. Just want a solid, overland type setup and I think it’s moving in the right direction. Appreciate the feedback on the lift. I’ve read nothing but good things about OME.