Going topless in the Summer

Goatman

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
My pup is a front seat rider. How do you guys and gals keep your pooch safe when no top and no doors?

We use a seat belt harness like this. We do not attach it to his collar though, it attaches to a back loop on body harness.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W40TSW/?tag=wranglerorg-20

And that will keep puppy safe on a left hand turn? It is quite a clever idea. Can you adjust the length?

And that will keep puppy safe on a left hand turn? It is quite a clever idea. Can you adjust the length?
Yes, it is adjustable. We have a corgi and an Aussie and it will fit both of them. I adjust it so they can get their head out the window, but not much more.

Ya, it is strange too. The Aussie is usually very nervous in the car, but when we strap him in he calms right down. He seems to prefer to be strapped in even in the Honda Pilot.

My pup would go in the road and try to flag a car, any car, down to see if they would give her a ride. Seriously. Couldn't stop her. Shock collar didn't help. Turned up to 11 and she would still suck up the pain and try to stop traffic. Finally a Chevy sedan hit her so hard she bent the bumper, then went under both the front and rear tires. She got up, trotted back to me. The next day the vet x-ray showed 3 severe broken ribs, 2 more cracked. They thought I made up the story because she was all bouncy and fine in the waiting room. Except she had a clear layer of tire rubber across her chest. A couple small areas on her head and 1 leg are missing for, other than that she is fine. No pain meds. Not even a baby aspirin. But at least she stays a good 10 feet from the road now.

Reactions: matkal
My pup would go in the road and try to flag a car, any car, down to see if they would give her a ride. Seriously. Couldn't stop her. Shock collar didn't help. Turned up to 11 and she would still suck up the pain and try to stop traffic. Finally a Chevy sedan hit her so hard she bent the bumper, then went under both the front and rear tires. She got up, trotted back to me. The next day the vet x-ray showed 3 severe broken ribs, 2 more cracked. They thought I made up the story because she was all bouncy and fine in the waiting room. Except she had a clear layer of tire rubber across her chest. A couple small areas on her head and 1 leg are missing for, other than that she is fine. No pain meds. Not even a baby aspirin. But at least she stays a good 10 feet from the road now.
“That which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger “ and smarter.

Got those straps and a chest harness today. Thanks Amazon. You are right. Perfect. Thank you. P.s. ... you are now on my pup's sh*t list for the chest harness.

Got those straps and a chest harness today. Thanks Amazon. You are right. Perfect. Thank you. P.s. ... you are now on my pup's sh*t list for the chest harness.

They will learn to love it. At first they did not like wearing it, but now, when we grab it off the shelf they know whats about to happen and get all excited.

Also, if they are a puller when you walk them the chest harness really helps.

Hoping she'll learn. Hated HATED when I put a little superman type coat on her at first. After comming back in warm and dry she learned to tolerate it.