Golden Eagle for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I always lust after a nice CJ style Jeep. That would be a real treat to own!

I missed out on a CJ-5. Buddy of mine got it, and I just couldn't go behind his back and buy from under him...He broke the cardinal rule of buying jeeps (i.e. don't buy someone else's project) but I think you'd agree that he had too...

1978 CJ-5 with a full 'glass body, brand new bestop seats and softtop, AMC 360 swap, 33" tires, etc. Didn't run when we picked it up. Tinkered around with it for a couple hours (cuz I know my way around an edelbrock carb) and we had it running / driving. All the lights work, dash works, etc. Its got some issues,
but nothing major. He does need to go through it with a detailed eye, but all in all, solid jeep.
Here is where it gets crazy...He paid 1500 bucks!

Sorry for the highjack, but all this talk about CJ's got me fired up again. This would be a good one to make a replica out of! Get a giant Screamin Eagle Decal from a firebird, and get some lettering for the hood...Would be awesome!

20170204_231127.jpg
20170204_231114.jpg

I missed out on a CJ-5. Buddy of mine got it, and I just couldn't go behind his back and buy from under him...He broke the cardinal rule of buying jeeps (i.e. don't buy someone else's project) but I think you'd agree that he had too...

1978 CJ-5 with a full 'glass body, brand new bestop seats and softtop, AMC 360 swap, 33" tires, etc. Didn't run when we picked it up. Tinkered around with it for a couple hours (cuz I know my way around an edelbrock carb) and we had it running / driving. All the lights work, dash works, etc. Its got some issues,
but nothing major. He does need to go through it with a detailed eye, but all in all, solid jeep.
Here is where it gets crazy...He paid 1500 bucks!

Sorry for the highjack, but all this talk about CJ's got me fired up again. This would be a good one to make a replica out of! Get a giant Screamin Eagle Decal from a firebird, and get some lettering for the hood...Would be awesome!

View attachment 12954 View attachment 12955

that's a major score for $1,500! very cool cj-5

Status
Not open for further replies.