Pennsylvania Good SE/Central PA mechanics Philly/Lancaster

t00th

TJ Enthusiast
I know there probably aren't a ton of jeepers in Philadelphia (not including the "candy-accented JKU with lowpro tires and angry eyes" crowd--they're everywhere), but if anyone has any recommendations, please speak up! I also spend a lot of time in Lancaster County so I'd consider a shop there as well.

Unfortunately, living in a row home and being limited to street parking, along with my low skill level, I'd like to know someone can handle the bigger jobs while I stick with brakes, oil changes and the like. I have a service station a block from my house that I've had a couple good experiences with and is incredibly convenient, but I like the idea of having a shop or mechanic in my back pocket that has a reputation for their work with jeeps/TJ's.

Globex Performance in Tom's River. I also believe there is another shop (maybe in West Chester or that area) but i can't remember the name.

I know there probably aren't a ton of jeepers in Philadelphia (not including the "candy-accented JKU with lowpro tires and angry eyes" crowd--they're everywhere), but if anyone has any recommendations, please speak up! I also spend a lot of time in Lancaster County so I'd consider a shop there as well.

maybe not in downtown Philly but, city. Pennsylvania however is bigtime Jeep Country - certainly not as well represented on the forum but look around, they're everywhere (& not just the angry ones :-(). Between me, my next door neighbor and the two houses across the street from us there are 5 Wranglers in 4 houses 😜. If you're in Philly you're a stones throw from some great off road sites as well that attract Jeeps from all neighboring states.

As far as shops I've had several very good experiences with the JpShop in Chester Springs, Chester County which is sorta between Philly & Lancaster:

http://thejpshop.net/

maybe not in downtown Philly but, city. Pennsylvania however is bigtime Jeep Country - certainly not as well represented on the forum but look around, they're everywhere (& not just the angry ones :-(). Between me, my next door neighbor and the two houses across the street from us there are 5 Wranglers in 4 houses 😜. If you're in Philly you're a stones throw from some great off road sites as well that attract Jeeps from all neighboring states.

Oh I know, growing up in central PA/Lancaster county, they've always been a regular sight to the point where you stop even noticing them. Of course now ... as an owner, I always do. But unfortunately now that I'm in Philly, it isn't the most Jeep-friendly locale.

And thanks all for the recommendations! Unfortunately due to being in the city, not many of my friends and acquaintances drive, so getting out of the city and leaving the Jeep behind for repair/upgrade is gonna be tough, which is why I was kinda looking for the Unicorn that is a Philly jeep mechanic. But absolutely can't hurt to have a good working roster of possibilities.