Arizona Good TJ Jeep repair shops in Phoenix Area

JLANEF

TJ Enthusiast
Does anyone have a good TJ jeep shop to recommend in the Phoenix area? Preferably in the East Valley? I have oil & PS leaks front and rear, appears to be Gearbox, steering shaft seal and possibly PS unit itself and the rear main seal. Can't see any oil from above. I just got back into Jeeps after 30 years and don't have any shops I know that I can trust.

I've had work done on my TJ by Dan at Tempe Imports. He's more of a XJ guy but he's familiar with TJs as well.

Tempe Imports
717 S Hacienda Dr #106
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 966-6680

Perhaps @Boinked and @ac_ will chime in since they're both in the east valley.

Thanks NK24. Like I said, my last jeep was a CJ5, fiberglass tub back in 1989! Moved back to AZ and picked up a Tacoma. Great ride, but not a Jeep! So I bought a TJ project. But I need some help. Good repair shops are harder to find that good doctors! Thanks again. I'm in Sun Lakes BTW. South Chandler

Reactions: nk24
I do all of my own work, so I don't know of any good shops, but I did have Letzroll in Mesa build me a Ford 8.8 and gear and put an elocker in while they were building if for my TJ. I did the install myself, and normally I would have just geared it myself, but I don't weld, and I was pretty excited so I just wanted to bolt it in and go.

I have pulled the cover and changed the gear oil and the pattern looked good, and no overheating issues or anything. It broke in nicely.

They are kind of a fab shop, but I think they will do all kinds of work. Might be worth checking out.

This may be kind of out there, but Summit Jeep Co. in Prescott deals only with wranglers and have had an outstanding reputation for years. Not the kind of guys that are gonna tell you that you need this and that to nickel and dime you. They fixed a botched gear job on my jeep and even hit my axles with some paint when they were through. Great communication and customer service too.

Reactions: nk24 and ac_