Gorman Ranch Road

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Figured I'd do a little Geocaching and go to Grouse Falls and get a geocache there. Didn't quite make it to Grouse falls though. LOL I was at one of the Geocaches and saw Gorman Ranch Road. I have been wanting to go investigate it for a while now, so I decided to go up it.

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

I found this trail,

IMG_0047.jpeg

and decided to give it a go. I mean it did say OHV funds at work, so I figured it was ok for a Jeep to go on. Right? LOL Reason I ask is because it actually went to the left a little further up and it go pretty narrow. Narrow enough I didn't want to attempt it by myself. In the next pic is where it split off, a little further up is when decided to back up. Then I went to the right.

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg
IMG_0057.jpeg
IMG_0064.jpeg
IMG_0065.jpeg
IMG_0068.jpeg
IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0073.jpeg

I kept going and it Y'd again. I went to the right and it was again, to narrow to get through. I then backed up and went to the left. It was a dead end, but what a great surprise I got. Found a couple caves. Definitely need to go back with a friend or 2 and do some exploring.

IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0080.jpeg
IMG_0081.jpeg

To be continued.

Another cave pic.

IMG_0082.jpeg

My Jeep from the cave. :D

IMG_0083.jpeg

Just have to say, manzanita can put some scratches in your jeep and windows.
IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0090.jpeg
IMG_0091.jpeg

Picked up a few sticks along the way.

IMG_0093.jpeg
IMG_0097.jpeg

Just a little dusty! Was kind of glad I had to windows in though.

IMG_0100.jpeg

Only killed one bat the whole trip!

IMG_0094.jpeg
IMG_0104.jpeg

Definitely going back again with a friend, was a great place to check out. Oh, also going to buy me a good set of trimmers. Some of the branches kind of had me a bit nervous with my soft top. Luckily only scratches, no holes.

Kind of hard to see them, but it did put a few scratches in the side windows. But hey, it's a Jeep!! :D

IMG_0105.jpeg

Oh wow, your jeep is in Halloween vibes. I like those pumpkin stickers, it seems like you had fun with this trail adventure. The view looks amazing.

Reactions: KimsJeep
Nice work on exploring new places ...Love going on mini exploration excursions, and the caves are cool (literally haha)
I'm sure those scratches will buff out

Reactions: KimsJeep
Cool write up and pictures? I take it the "Volcano Fire" was around the town of the same name?

I'm not sure exactly. I just started exploring this area this year. I do see a town called Vocanoville on that map though.

I forgot to put the map of my route. The blue line is the route I took and the red arrow point to the caves. When I was looking at the map out on the trail, it looked like it would take me back to Gorman Ranch Road, it doesn't. LOL Had to back track out. :D
611E8DEA-0E0E-4B56-B3A8-A072383147D9_1_201_a.jpeg