Got in an accident just a minute ago. What should I expect?

Nicholas

TJ Enthusiast
We’re we’re both taking off at a stop light and in front of my the lady decides to swerve left into a stopped turning lane, I had a car’s length behind her and was eyes on the road I’m typing fast rn bc the cops are on their way but bows she’s telling me it’s my fault. If u read end someone either way is it your fualt? Am I just supposed to expect a ticket? Not much damage to mine my jack took the force but there’s just a indent in the paint missing a small piece, also bumpers bent a littleee bit nothing I can’t hit back into place . Her trunk is caved
4c82dab0f3010ecec98392047739853a.jpg
cadc11308fb61f9184b6ab6e66bd30a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not admit fault. Give the other driver your insurance info and driver's license info. Be sure you get hers. If officer asks what happened, say that she suddenly swerved into adjacent lane where traffic was stopped without signaling her intent to change lanes and that her unsafe lane change caused accident. Make report to your insurance company today.

Looks like relatively minor damage with little possibility of injury. Let your insurance company deal with it.

It’s your lane. You had the right of way. If she cuts you off, then it’s on her. Grab witnesses if there are any.

He had her bunker on but turned it on the last second, she stopped in the middle of my lane out of the blue so I guess I can say that of corse. My parents are telling me their gonna ticket me either way someone tell me it’s not the end of the world lol

Do not admit fault. Give the other driver your insurance info and driver's license info. Be sure you get hers. If officer asks what happened, say that she suddenly swerved into adjacent lane where traffic was stopped without signaling her intent to change lanes and that her unsafe lane change caused accident. Make report to your insurance company today.

Looks like relatively minor damage with little possibility of injury. Let your insurance company deal with it.

She already called the cops too late

It doesn't matter if the other driver called the police. Do not admit fault. The cop didn't see the accident so unless you admit that you did something wrong, or you give too much information, then it is unlikely that anyone will get a ticket. Even if you do get a ticket you still have the opportunity to contest it in court.

Its just a fender bender, not a capital case.

It doesn't matter if the other driver called the police. Do not admit fault. The cop didn't see the accident so unless you admit that you did something wrong, or you give too much information, then it is unlikely that anyone will get a ticket. Even if you do get a ticket you still have the opportunity to contest it in court.

Still waiting for the cop it’s ridiculous, been an hour. I’m not gonna admit fualt lol but yeah I’ve been listening out to u guys and I’m gonna try and be calm

We’re we’re both taking off at a stop light and in front of my the lady decides to swerve left into a stopped turning lane, I had a car’s length behind her and was eyes on the road I’m typing fast rn bc the cops are on their way but bows she’s telling me it’s my fault. If u read end someone either way is it your fualt? Am I just supposed to expect a ticket? Not much damage to mine my jack took the force but there’s just a indent in the paint missing a small piece, also bumpers bent a littleee bit nothing I can’t hit back into place . Her trunk is cavedView attachment 57533View attachment 57534

First...... thankfully you are ok. Its not that bad. And it doesn't look like any damage to your jeep.
Second.... i agree keep calm. Just tell them the truth. As they used to say on the show Dragnet. Just the facts. Don't blame you don't blame her just tell the cop what happened.
Third..... see how dangerous hi jacks are. :pancarta:

Reactions: Nicholas

X2 to this. If it truly wasn't your fault, don't admit it. The cops can't do anything other than take a report, plain and simple. Just give them your side of the story, but DO NOT admit fault.

Don't tell a story, just the facts.

For instance:

"I was driving the speed limit, she swerved into my lane very suddenly with no distance between us, then she slammed on her breaks, causing me to hit her."

Don't go into extreme detail about what you were doing, thinking, etc... just the facts.

The moment you admit fault, then it becomes your fault.

Remember, there is no crime here. Things like this happen all the time. It's a simple insurance matter. But you still don't want to admit fault if it truly wasn't your fault.

Been in this exact scenario before.

Lady changed in to my lane then hit the brakes hard. I managed to avoid hitting her, but my tire rubbed her bumper as I passed.

Still got a ticket, but that was the end of it.

If you get a ticket, just let it be. Don’t try to hold court on the side of the road. Take it to a real court if you need to.

Take lots of photos. Take photos of her, her insurance card, the road, any signage, the cop, the report, the vehicles from wide to close up. the damage from multiple angles. If the cop or the lady give you shit, ignore it. It’s not illegal anywhere to photograph things or people or cops in public places. Don’t argue, but just keep taking photos.

You will literally never say “I wish I didn’t take as many photos!” You can never have too much documentation.

Good luck!

Never admit fault x 100.

Also keep emotions out of it.. and write down the details while its fresh in your memory.

Also.. take a look at the lanes.. solid lines?

Good point. You can't change lanes if there are solid lines on the road! That's always worth a look.

So, she was at fault, officer told me it was the white line deal you guys pointed out and also i think he told me it was against the law to turn partially especially so suddenly, and stick out into the straight lane that much. Thanks to everyone who calmed me down sorry if I seemed too enraged to anyone. It was more towards half was my mom yelling at me to stop cursing and the half was you guys giving me good insight. Idk I guess it’s because I’ve never gotten in an accident yet before today. Does it look bent to anyone? Also, if anyone has an oem bumper end cap laying around let me know.
a4edc4163ebe2a03584d181a43c3d441.jpg

So, she was at fault, officer told me it was the white line deal you guys pointed out and also i think he told me it was against the law to turn partially especially so suddenly, and stick out into the straight lane that much. Thanks to everyone who calmed me down sorry if I seemed too enraged to anyone. It was more towards half was my mom yelling at me to stop cursing and the half was you guys giving me good insight. Idk I guess it’s because I’ve never gotten in an accident yet before today. Does it look bent to anyone? Also, if anyone has an oem bumper end cap laying around let me know. View attachment 57559

Glad everything worked out.

As far as is this bent. You cant tell from pictures unless its crushed. Camera will distort images.

If you didn't bend that flimsy stock bumper then I'm 100% sure your Jeep is fine. I mangled my stock front bumper by gently bumping a rock.

13118912_1004644456287176_3932852364119434248_n.jpg

That doesn't look bent to me. But it did take the milk jug off. And scratched the paint.

You could file a claim againt her and just take the money and do the repairs yourself. Red sharpie- $1.99
New milk jug from forums. And pocket the rest for your inconvenience. (Perfectly legal)

Doesn't look bent to me, looks just fine!

See, you came out on top. It was her fault after all. This is why you never, ever, ever admit fault. Even if you initially think it might have been your fault, you could very well be wrong!

Sounds like all-in-all, you came out on top! Now just tell her insurance company that you have some neck pain from the accident and you'll be pleasantly surprised what happens :D

That doesn't look bent to me. But it did take the milk jug off. And scratched the paint.

You could file a claim againt her and just take the money and do the repairs yourself. Red sharpie- $1.99
New milk jug from forums. And pocket the rest for your inconvenience. (Perfectly legal)

Haha honestly I don’t know about that, I’ll just hold onto the paper to show my parents and see what they say

Doesn't look bent to me, looks just fine!

See, you came out on top. It was her fault after all. This is why you never, ever, ever admit fault. Even if you initially think it might have been your fault, you could very well be wrong!

Sounds like all-in-all, you came out on top! Now just tell her insurance company that you have some neck pain from the accident and you'll be pleasantly surprised what happens :D

Oh my god[emoji23] I mean I guesss jk but what’s funny is that when the officer pointed me over to explain I was thinking like “”do what Chris said or the blue Jeep owner dude said and you’ll be fine””, the dude was super cool though I told him when he got out of his car I was a lil nervous bc he looked like he was gonna beat us up and with a huge grin on his face, this guy was like 7 feet tall but 4 feet tall inside