Got my butt kicked today replacing my radiator

Just a Jeep

The South Florida heat and me being in my 60s kicked my ass today. Got my busted radiator out. Got everything removed to replace the water pump, fan clutch, thermostat and belt. Just ran out of steam. Gotta go online and find a water pump tonight.

A556A06C-3E97-450B-8024-A99EC0ECE28E.jpeg

Shit I'd be right there with you trying to do that in S. Florida today. I'm in N. Florida and spent a couple hours trying to get my garage more organized and get rid of more shipping boxes from the move and it kicked my ass. I was soaked when I finally got back in the house and I know it's a hell of a lot cooler up here where I am.

The South Florida heat and me being in my 60s kicked my ass today. Got my busted radiator out. Got everything removed to replace the water pump, fan clutch, thermostat and belt. Just ran out of steam. Gotta go online and find a water pump tonight.

View attachment 337847

Brother in Arms! Just finished mine in the Arizona heat. One thing I learned was to get the upper/lower hoses connected to the block before putting the shroud/radiator back in.

My hand took a beating.
hand001.jpg

Ordering off one of the mopar sites OEM is the way to go. On that note I was told that the Mopar radiator was “discontinued” on June1,2022. Found one in Georgia last week.
Yeah we're hearing lots of rumors that our favored Mopar radiators have been discontinued and are getting really hard to find. I think I need to look for one to keep as a spare.

Reactions: MikeE024
x2 on the harmonic balancer. I just replaced mine recently when I replaced my radiator on my 2004. The rubber, although not separated, was hard and cracked. The new pulley made a noticeable difference in how smooth the engine runs. If you replace the pulley do the seal as well.

Reactions: MikeE024
Now you know enough to let someone else do it for you next time.

or just do it early in the morning before the heat sets in.

Letting someone else do it for you is a great way to get it back with the radiator and shroud each mounted by two non matching bolts and the system filled back up with regular green antifreeze, and who knows, maybe tap water. If you're lucky they might even toss your old spring hose clamps and "upgrade" them with some shiny new worm type. And a $1500 bill.

You should've waited until winter when temps dip into the "CHILLY" upper 50's. 🥶 Last time I was in Marathon Key, people were wearing sweatshirts at night. It was in the low 60's. I asked WTF is wrong with you people and they dismissed me as being Northern. They said that because I was wearing a Virginia tank top.:rolleyes: I never knew Va was a northern state, growing up in VT (Vermon,t not Virginia Tech).
People here look at me like I have 3 heads when I wear shorts/skirt and a t-shirt in the middle of the "winter". "Aren't you COLD?" "This is a WARM day in California!" I see people all bundled up in heavy winter jackets, etc, etc...

People here look at me like I have 3 heads when I wear shorts/skirt and a t-shirt in the middle of the "winter". "Aren't you COLD?" "This is a WARM day in California!" I see people all bundled up in heavy winter jackets, etc, etc...

What are the winter temps where you live in Fl?