Grab handles

I assume these grab handles are marketed to consumers as a means to get in and out of the vehicle?
I suppose they are marketed that way. Marketing aside, I knew from previous vehicles that most SUV type vehicles come with a handle on the A pillar, which is very useful. My wife uses the GraBar every time she gets in the TJ. Grabbing the handle over the glove box is too awkward, and doesn't work very well for entry. The driver side bar, while not used for entry, is a lot more ergonomic and secure feeling when I need to access the roof of the TJ.

Jeep finally got the idea, the JL now has a built in handle.

I suppose they are marketed that way. Marketing aside, I knew from previous vehicles that most SUV type vehicles come with a handle on the A pillar, which is very useful. My wife uses the GraBar every time she gets in the TJ. Grabbing the handle over the glove box is too awkward, and doesn't work very well for entry. The driver side bar, while not used for entry, is a lot more ergonomic and secure feeling when I need to access the roof of the TJ.

Jeep finally got the idea, the JL now has a built in handle.
I always thought grab handles were added/built into Wranglers as a safe place for hands in the event of a roll over/flop. Maybe I am just thinking about the crawler scene too much.