Great Customer Service from Bestop

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I recently purchased a Bestop replacement soft top for my LJ. I supposedly had the OEM frame and all hardware from the PO. During installation I realized I did not have the stiffener panels for the rear corners. I called Bestop and they sold me a set for $11 plus shipping. When I went to install them, they seemed too wide, like they were for a JK or JL soft top. No biggie, I decided to trim them to fit. My first effort I trimmed too much, the second one was no problem ( trim 1/2" off the longest edge).

I couldn't stand knowing that one stiffener wasn't a perfect fit. I called Bestop again, explained MY actions, and MY mistake, and asked to order another set of stiffeners. Could you please hold for a minute. The voice on the other end of the phone was "No problem". They would ship another set right out, free of charge.
I asked to clarify, I made the mistake, and you're sending them free. Yes was the answer.

The few times I had to deal with Bestop, they were always fantastic to deal with. Sent me a number of replacement parts free of charge without even seeing photos of the damaged parts.

Like I always say, if you want to survive in this day and age, you better pay attention to your customer service. Good customer service will make or break you.