Great Sand Dunes National Park

XISophos

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
We took the trail following Medano Pass into the park, and had a blast. Regretfully, I didn't get a lot of pics, but the ones I got were fantastic. I'm still working on picking up a DSLR and maybe a dashcam to help capture more in the future.
CMR_0235.jpg

CMR_0256.jpg

CMR_0691-Pano.jpg

IMG_20191020_133847692.jpg

PHOTO_20191019_173733.jpg

PHOTO_20191019_173744.jpg

PHOTO_20191019_180411 (1).jpg

Always wanted to go there. Been thru Alamosa a few times this year but never had a chance to sneak over to the dunes. Awesome photos

Reactions: Web98 and XISophos
Always wanted to go there. Been thru Alamosa a few times this year but never had a chance to sneak over to the dunes. Awesome photos
Yeah, we stayed the night in Alamosa that evening!

Next time I'm through, I'm told I need to get over to Zapata Falls as well. Hear it's a good trail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Web98
Have always wanted to go but always end up going somewhere else on an adventure. These pictures have fueled my fire again!

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: XISophos
Thanks for the comments all! If you have the opportunity, I'd definitely recommend you take the trip. There vistas are wonderful!

I don't think you can drive on the dunes, but there were plenty of people on boards playing. I'll probably give it a try if I make it back out there.