Greetings from Bishop CA

ebutner

IMG_9499.JPG
Greetings from Bishop CA and the Eastern Sierras. New to the forum and Jeeping but not off-roading. I have explored on two wheels but have taken up 4 wheeling. I recently purchased this 2003 Rubicon and am enjoying it very much. This forum is a wealth of information and knowledge. Thank you all for sharing all this information.

Wow, gorgeous photo, and gorgeous Rubicon, I love it!

I really love the Sierras, so many beautiful places around there.

Reactions: ebutner
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful looking jeep and scenery. My jeep is the same patriot blue color. It's always nice to see another Californian here.

Thank you. I love it up here. Year round off-roading.

I'll bet! I am secretly tempted to photoshop my Jeep into that photo and use it as a desktop wallpaper. No mountains like that in North Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
I'll bet! I am secretly tempted to photoshop my Jeep into that photo and use it as a desktop wallpaper. No mountains like that in North Texas!

LOL.. I can get you straight photos. Might be easier to ad your jeep without one already in it.

Reactions: UpperMI
I love that area. Took a photo class up there not too long ago, it was beautiful. And of course, there is the bakery. It's a little ways north of us, not too bad though. Great Jeep. I have a 2003 Sport. Welcome aboard.

Looks great. What size tires are those?

Come back and visit again and look us up.
We were enroute to S. Cal. From Vancouver WA pulling the jeep with a 32 foot motorhome. We were going to spend the night in Bishop and didnT know about the gas situation there. Pulled off the highway and went into Mammoth Springs for gas. BAD IDEA!!! Almost got hemmed up in the parking lot of the grocery store there. Left without gas and found out it was much cheaper in Bishop.

CA Takeaways.......Saw gas as high as $4.01. When we got back into Oklahoma, paid $1.80.
Plastic bags at WalMart to sack groceries are 10 cents apiece!
You pay 5 cents a bottle recycle tax on bottled water. That is a lot when you are buying a case of 24!

Don't mean to slam CA, saw some beautiful country in Bishop, and Crescent City, but cant affortd to live there. Again, welcome to the best forums I have ever joined. Great looking jeep by the way.