Greetings from Hamilton, Va

Spencer James

So, first time Jeep owner here. I bought my son a 2002 TJ and have been jealous ever since. My new solution to the question "What do you want for Christmas/Birthday" for the next several years is a 1997 Wrangler SE. It's a real mall crawler with absolutely no mods, except for the fishing rod holder attached to the front bumper, which I have already removed.

Planned next steps:
1. Remove the complete body and inspect/fix/treat/coat any rust issues - I did not see many when I crawled around under it before I bought it.
2. Monstaliner the whole body in either Predator Green or Apocalypse Orange and black for the top - Opinions welcome!
3. New shoes - BFG ALL-TERRAIN TA KO2 31X10.5R15, keeping wheels until I'm ready for something bigger
4. Maybe a new soft top. We'll see how the funds hold out.

I'll post more pictures as this project progresses.

I'm glad to be aboard and have already received some good advice.

Day 1-1 (2).jpg

First order of business I say... Get those fender flares black again! Haha

That will make it look brand new.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I can totally understand that TJ jealousy.

Reactions: UpperMI
Wait! The fenders are supposed to be black! I thought they where some sort of body color matching thing. How embarrassing. Moving that to the top of the list.

Some of the Jeep trim packages came with fenders that were matched to the body. So, it's by no means incorrect.

However, in my opinion the fenders look better when they are unpainted black (which was also stock on many trim packages of TJs as well).

In fact, I believe the only TJ trim package that came with painted fenders was the Sahara. There may have been a few others, but if so they were special edition models.

Reactions: Sahara 00