Greetings from Rockport, TX

StrongholdTX

"It's Hers, He just works on it."
Supporting Member
Hello,
Looking forward to interacting with you and learning more about my 1998 TJ. Be well.

- Will

1998 TJ.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Lots of folks from Texas on here, that's for sure!

Got any big plans for it, or are you trying to keep it mild in terms of build?

Reactions: StrongholdTX
Greetings Chris,
I bought it for my wife, as it was originally her first car. She sold it in 2008 when we moved to Alaska and I was able to track it down and I was able to buy it back from the person she sold it to. He wasn't too kind to this poor little TJ, as it is pretty trashed out but he only put 40K miles on it in 10 years. To answer your question though, I know that the color is going to change to a teal/blue color and it might get a small lift. My wife wants to use it mostly to cruise up and down the beaches of South Texas and the occasional trail. I would not be surprised if she told me she wants to get crazy and build something wild. In the meantime, I am patiently looking for my own TJ to purchase and tinker with. Thanks for asking sir. Be well. -Will

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Welcome to the jungle. I'm from the Hill Country. Glad to see someone in Rockport standing strong. Rockport got the brunt of Hurricane Harvey. We were there about eight months ago. It still looked beat up. What do you have planned for your TJ? Ever want to wheel in the rocks, come play with us up in the Hill Country.

Oh wow, going from a red to a teal, huh? That will be expensive to have it done right, especially if you paint under the hood and everything. I've seen some TJs with vinyl wraps recently that they used to totally changed the color... I think that might be a viable option as well!

Welcome and hello from New Braunfels. We love Rockport, in fact we have a some property there. The photo in our profile was taken just down the road from there during one of our kayak trips between Aransas Pass and Port Aransas......and yes, that's our Sahara.

Welcome to the jungle. I'm from the Hill Country. Glad to see someone in Rockport standing strong. Rockport got the brunt of Hurricane Harvey. We were there about eight months ago. It still looked beat up. What do you have planned for your TJ? Ever want to wheel in the rocks, come play with us up in the Hill Country.
JMT, Thank you for the warm welcome. Hill Country is beautiful, we have family that live out near Comfort and we get a chance to visit a few times a year, but its never enough. The hills are magical! Rockport is getting better with each passing day. The storm was wild, our house withstood the worst that Harvey sent, but we needed to do some remodeling afterwards. But our worst day was a good day compared to others and for that, we are thankful and very blessed. As far as the TJ goes, no real plans for anything other than getting rid of 10 years of neglect that the previous owner left for us. It's no worries though, we are just happy to have it back in the family. Hope to cross paths with ya'll in the near future. If you're ever back in Rockport, give us a shout. There's always something cold to drink and we've got red meat on the menu a few times a week as well as trout & redfish.

Welcome and hello from New Braunfels. We love Rockport, in fact we have a some property there. The photo in our profile was taken just down the road from there during one of our kayak trips between Aransas Pass and Port Aransas......and yes, that's our Sahara.
NBTXTJ,
Thank you for the warm welcome. New Braunfels is a beautiful area to live in. We love Rockport and enjoy it year around. You have a sharp Jeep there and some awesome kayaks! We look forward to talking with ya'll in the future.

Reactions: NBTXTJ
Welcome from DFW ! I have a feeling you will have a great time restoring that TJ !
If I were you, I would try to talk the wife into a new red repaint instead of teal:Laie_22mini: