Greyhound movie

mushdogs

Removing warning labels would solve problems.
Supporting Member
As an old frigate sailor and the son of a destroyer sailor, this one was a must watch. Action starts 10 mins in and doesn’t stop until the last 5. Well shot, the CGI isn’t unbelievable and much of it was filmed aboard Fletcher Class DD USS Kidd. Great portrayal of the Battle of the Atlantic. Only available on Apple TV+, but you can get the streaming service free for a week.

Reactions: matkal
I love those old naval movies. I fangirled over Midway and I’m definitely excited to watch this one. Master and Commander with Russell Crowe has always been my favorite.

Thanks for the heads up and reminder to watch!

Reactions: mushdogs and matkal
I enjoyed the movie, and it is intense once that action starts. Overall liked it a lot, and I think it'll do better on streaming vs big theater.

Reactions: mushdogs
I love those old naval movies. I fangirled over Midway and I’m definitely excited to watch this one. Master and Commander with Russell Crowe has always been my favorite.

Thanks for the heads up and reminder to watch!
I liked Midway quite a lot. It covered a lot of ground just trying to set up why the battle was happening and why it mattered. Enough to get across to someone that didn’t grow up steeped in that history could at least understand. I’ve read all the Patrick O’Brien books; Master and Commander was pretty faithful to the storyline without too much Hollywood. Russell Crowe was surprisingly good as Aubrey, IMO. Wish they’d made more of them.

Last edited: