Grill, smoker, or griddle for camping?

And I LOVE my trail pizza 😃

Pan with a lid and a trivet in the bottom so the pizza isn't directly on the pan. Single burner for heat.

And when the burner unfriends you on a 3 day trip, ya bust out the back packing style stove cut from reclaimed Hobart kitchen equipment.

Now its just Ho Art 😃

20230811_174726.jpg

20220903_173454.jpg

20220904_140113.jpg

Bought a Blackstone Tailgater this Spring and I love it, 1/2 griddle 1/2 grill. It's a bit bulky for travel unless you have a truck bed or a toy hauler, I don't intend on taking it on the road but might get a 17" griddle for that.

cooking.jpg

talgater.jpg

Reactions: CMBD
Bought a Blackstone Tailgater this Spring and I love it, 1/2 griddle 1/2 grill. It's a bit bulky for travel unless you have a truck bed or a toy hauler, I don't intend on taking it on the road but might get a 17" griddle for that.

View attachment 451853

View attachment 451854

That thing is cool. I wish I had a 2 burner, but the 17 is really portable. Searing on the grill or griddle is way better than indoors on cast iron 😃

I season, vacuum seal, sous vide, and freeze steaks, chicken, and pork chops before a trip. Pull out dinner in the morning to thaw. Take it out of the bag to sear/ warm up. Its cooked to perfection already so all it needs is to be warmed up and some crisp put on the outside.

Dont remember what part of the cow this was, but Kosher salt, fresh pepper, granulated garlic, Thyme, and a Sage leaf. Vacuum seal, sous vide at 139 deg. for 2 hours. Pull it out of the bag when done or at a later date and give it a tan :cool:

20211120_162158.jpg

20211121_094514.jpg

Reactions: IPerkWVU