Grill

BakoJohn

522c1d64d96ffec2bb0267833d29bbe3.jpg

This is the view of my grill. I don't like the look of the radiator, but I don't want to do all the work to pull it out just to paint it black. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hmmm, first time I've ever heard of someone not liking the look of the radiator.

If you don't like it, you could go to Home Depot and get some black mesh to put in front of it. That would minimize the way it stands out.

Reactions: StG58
I've thought of that. Some of the JK's have a wire mesh in the grill. I didn't know if they make that for the TJ.

I've thought of that. Some of the JK's have a wire mesh in the grill. I didn't know if they make that for the TJ.

I'm fairly certain the JK mesh grilles will work with little modification. At least that's what I've heard.

They don't make a TJ specific one that I can find.

View attachment 8259
This is the view of my grill. I don't like the look of the radiator, but I don't want to do all the work to pull it out just to paint it black. Any suggestions?

Looks like someone took a pressure washer to the radiator. The only way to flush bugs and debris is gently with a garden hose from the engine side. Flattening the aluminum fins will degrade the cooling capacity.

Reactions: Chris
I installed my Drake Grill Inserts today. They went in good, and look Great.
07250b57bd29056346fb4306ac14fa91.jpg
861faf9e9476c716cfb9930bf78810dc.jpg

Reactions: EJD
View attachment 8259

:bash: That isn't the radiator. That is the AC condenser. The radiator is behind it. The reason that the fins are silver is they have been bent from impacts with road debris and while they may not be affecting the cooling, they are diminishing the capacity and that will affect it at some point.

Reactions: DC0046