• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Grt_Ape's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Grt_Ape

I sold a '67 Mustang and took a leap of faith purchasing a modified '48 CJ2A. Growing family forced a venture into a larger, more reliable ride.
Bought her used in May 2007 from a private sale.
IMG_2883.JPG

Stock flex was unimpressive
309217923-1.jpg

Never skip Leg Day. 3" lift with stock tires. :)
IMG_2580.JPG

Flex getting better
IMG_3205.JPG

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Have you slept in that hammock? I have to imagine you need to be really short for it to work out, no?

OP
Grt_Ape

Grt_Ape

Had plenty of fun on stock tires
IMG_3296.JPG

Obligatory poser shot
IMG_4404a.JPG

First taste of 33's at Kids on the Rocks - annual run put on by Mud, Sweat, and Gears
IMG_8062.JPG

Another Scout training, another excuse to use my Jeep to hang my hammock.
Hammock camping at HAT winter awareness.jpg

New shoes (305/70R16) justified a trip to both Iron Lakes and Star Lakes
IMG_1640-1.jpg

OP
Grt_Ape

Grt_Ape

Have you slept in that hammock? I have to imagine you need to be really short for it to work out, no?
Once.
But that is a full size sleeping bag in the hammock. It's tight. No ridgeline, and no where near as much sag as I would prefer.
I'm 5'8" So it was doable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Once.
But that is a full size sleeping bag in the hammock. It's tight. No ridgeline, and no where near as much sag as I would prefer.
I'm 5'8" So it was doable.
Same height as me, so I can see how that might work. I was thinking if one were over 6 feet, that might be very uncomfortable!

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Nice rig! We ran The Con in August, 2016. Been meaning to try Niagara Rim trail. Bit of a drive for me.

Reactions: Grt_Ape
OP
Grt_Ape

Grt_Ape

Constantly jelious of you west coast Jeeps. Great looking LJ, still on 33's?
Still on 33's.
She's a weekend toy. I've owned her for 11 years now, and have only put ~25k miles on her.
4+ years on those 33's, and only enough miles for one tire rotation. :(
Besides, no one in our club has anything larger than 33's, and I have gone everywhere they have. Will probably go to 35's next set of tires...but there is no hurry to do so.