Grt_Ape's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Grt_Ape

I sold a '67 Mustang and took a leap of faith purchasing a modified '48 CJ2A. Growing family forced a venture into a larger, more reliable ride.
Bought her used in May 2007 from a private sale.
IMG_2883.JPG

Stock flex was unimpressive
309217923-1.jpg

Never skip Leg Day. 3" lift with stock tires. :)
IMG_2580.JPG

Flex getting better
IMG_3205.JPG

Have you slept in that hammock? I have to imagine you need to be really short for it to work out, no?

Had plenty of fun on stock tires
IMG_3296.JPG

Obligatory poser shot
IMG_4404a.JPG

First taste of 33's at Kids on the Rocks - annual run put on by Mud, Sweat, and Gears
IMG_8062.JPG

Another Scout training, another excuse to use my Jeep to hang my hammock.
Hammock camping at HAT winter awareness.jpg

New shoes (305/70R16) justified a trip to both Iron Lakes and Star Lakes
IMG_1640-1.jpg

Have you slept in that hammock? I have to imagine you need to be really short for it to work out, no?

Once.
But that is a full size sleeping bag in the hammock. It's tight. No ridgeline, and no where near as much sag as I would prefer.
I'm 5'8" So it was doable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Once.
But that is a full size sleeping bag in the hammock. It's tight. No ridgeline, and no where near as much sag as I would prefer.
I'm 5'8" So it was doable.

Same height as me, so I can see how that might work. I was thinking if one were over 6 feet, that might be very uncomfortable!

Constantly jelious of you west coast Jeeps. Great looking LJ, still on 33's?

Still on 33's.
She's a weekend toy. I've owned her for 11 years now, and have only put ~25k miles on her.
4+ years on those 33's, and only enough miles for one tire rotation. :(
Besides, no one in our club has anything larger than 33's, and I have gone everywhere they have. Will probably go to 35's next set of tires...but there is no hurry to do so.