Guess what the Porsche Boxster and Cayman are being traded in for

I like the part (that implies) millennials are not good enough drivers to appreciate a sportscar's cababilities. At least that's how I read it.

At 50, I'm thinking about doing the opposite. Especially now that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a Jeep.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I like the part (that implies) millennials are not good enough drivers to appreciate a sportscar's cababilities. At least that's how I read it.

At 50, I'm thinking about doing the opposite. Especially now that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a Jeep.

The issue I see with a sports car is where are you going to use 500+ hp on the street?

Unless you have very strong will power, it probably won't take long before you lose your license (or worse).

Now if you plan on tracking the vehicle frequently, then it makes sense. Of course then you also better have very deep pockets.

The issue I see with a sports car is where are you going to use 500+ hp on the street?

Unless you have very strong will power, it probably won't take long before you lose your license (or worse).

Now if you plan on tracking the vehicle frequently, then it makes sense. Of course then you also better have very deep pockets.
Deeper pockets than owning a Jeep how is that possible 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Some idiot rear ended me in January and totaled my Focus ST rocket ship (which I bought three years ago while also shopping 500hp Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs). It was a fun car but I drove it like an idiot because I have very little self control with the skinny pedal. I didn’t replace the sports car, in part because I still have my full size diesel truck and the TJ. I’ve sort of lost interest in stupid fast vehicles because they’re so absurd on public roads. I say that as a 200hp Aprilia sportbike sits in my garage and it’s been out twice this year (not sure why I’m keeping it but it makes very cool V4 engine noise).

A Wrangler (or other 4x4 vehicles) will get you to amazing places that are inaccessible to people without such vehicles. One off-road trip keeps a silly grin on your face for weeks or months, while suffering through traffic in a Porsche probably doesn’t. I wonder if more people are becoming more like me, where you value experiences more than ‘things’.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Some idiot rear ended me in January and totaled my Focus ST rocket ship (which I bought three years ago while also shopping 500hp Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs). It was a fun car but I drove it like an idiot because I have very little self control with the skinny pedal. I didn’t replace the sports car, in part because I still have my full size diesel truck and the TJ. I’ve sort of lost interest in stupid fast vehicles because they’re so absurd on public roads. I say that as a 200hp Aprilia sportbike sits in my garage and it’s been out twice this year (not sure why I’m keeping it but it makes very cool V4 engine noise).

A Wrangler (or other 4x4 vehicles) will get you to amazing places that are inaccessible to people without such vehicles. One off-road trip keeps a silly grin on your face for weeks or months, while suffering through traffic in a Porsche probably doesn’t. I wonder if more people are becoming more like me, where you value experiences more than ‘things’.

Used to own two RSV4 Factory’s myself. I finally asked myself why I have a race bike in my garage when I don’t race 🤣

I think I kept it for so long because of the sound alone 😂

Reactions: afmoto