Guitar Question

JamesAndTheSahara

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey guys! I’ve been playing guitar for quite some time now and bought and sold many guitars. I’ve currently been rocking two fantastic guitars but I saw something weird pop up on FB marketplace.. a $150.00 Korean Epiphone Poly V with Floyd Rose. Of course I tried to find one online and finding information on it is nearly impossible. There have only been two sold on reverb in the past couple years (none of which were blue). I’ve got some spare seymour duncans laying around so after setting it all the way up I’m going to wire in some new electronics. Its a really weird epiphone with the wicked banana headstock. Currently they are not being sold on any websites that I can find. Its slighlty beat on for a 16-18 year old guitar, but I’m wonderig if you guys think it will be worth something someday? Pretty quirky little guitar with some wicked action and a true floyd rose.

676D3E0A-1FB0-43E3-A8BB-7A3C20113AB6.jpeg

This was the ad photo, he gave it to me with 2 strings on it and the spring completey removed. Made for a longer than anticipated setup. Also in my apartment vs outside the colors change drastically.

It looks to minic an old guitar I had (Jackson rr3), just with rounded edges :).

Figured I’d ask what you guys thought about its worth and show you something you don’t see everyday!

I doubt it. The only guitars that seem to be able to get any real money are ones that were played by famous musicians or historically significant guitars.

But even as an example, I see classic Fender Stratocasters from the 50s on eBay all the time that are 100% original being listed for 50k or more. They never sell, ever.

The flip side to this is that for that price, you can’t really go wrong.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Yeah, I agree. Guitars aren't really good investments... seriously. I pay a lot of attention to the market, and as I mentioned before, unless you have Jimi Hendrix's guitar (or someone else really famous) with all the documentation to back it up, you aren't going to get what you want out of it.

I suppose the market could always change, but in my opinion the only collectibles will be ones that were played by the greats, or maybe one off / limited run guitars (though even that's a stretch).