Gulches ORV, SC

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Went to Gulches ORV yesterday; my first trip there. My buddy was working and he couldn't go this time, so my wife went with me. I'll just say she scares easily, very easily, so I promised her I wouldn't go anywhere she wasn't comfortable with. LOL We still had a good time just checking the place out. At first she was a little paniky on the slightest little hill or off camber, but as we played around she relaxed a little more. She wouldn't drive any though.

We pulled up to some of the difficult trails just to check them out. The JL was the only other vehicle that I seen there until we were getting ready to leave when I seen a CJ cruising around.

Scrubbed my flare on a tree when backing up and not paying attention. 😐

IMG_2763.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG
IMG_2783.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG
IMG_2017.JPG
IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2767.JPG
IMG_2785.JPG

Y'all always say you can't compete with the wheeling out west, but that park looks like a lot of fun! Never been that far east, but from what I've seen, the Carolinas are beautiful states. Hope to visit one day.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
i lived about 50mi away for a couple yrs and never saw any rocks that big down there, just that dam red clay.
my sister is just a bit north of there. looks like i'm takin the jeep next yr.

Fancy Gap on i77 will be a fun adventure in itself getting pushed by a jeep.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Went to Gulches ORV yesterday; my first trip there. My buddy was working and he couldn't go this time, so my wife went with me. I'll just say she scares easily, very easily, so I promised her I wouldn't go anywhere she wasn't comfortable with. LOL We still had a good time just checking the place out. At first she was a little paniky on the slightest little hill or off camber, but as we played around she relaxed a little more. She wouldn't drive any though.

We pulled up to some of the difficult trails just to check them out. The JL was the only other vehicle that I seen there until we were getting ready to leave when I seen a CJ cruising around.

Scrubbed my flare on a tree when backing up and not paying attention. 😐

View attachment 276266

View attachment 276268View attachment 276269View attachment 276262View attachment 276263View attachment 276264View attachment 276265View attachment 276267View attachment 276270
dang id love to get out there sometime