Gulf coast wheeling options

NOLAJeep

...hold my beer.
Supporting Member
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Jeep friendly areas close to the gulf coast. Not really into “mudding” which is mostly what’s available close to me.

What about Georgia? All mud too? My wife and I are bailing out of California in the next 1-2 years and she wants to move to Florida since our son and his family are there in Jacksonville. But I kinda have her considering the very southern part of Georgia within 60-90 miles of Jacksonville. I just don't want to be in Florida. Financially they're pretty close for retirees are like we are.

I'm gonna miss the SoCal rock crawling but... 😵😭

So is there anything but mud for wheeling?

Reactions: Blondie70
What about Georgia? All mud too? My wife and I are bailing out of California in the next 1-2 years and she wants to move to Florida since our son and his family are there in Jacksonville. But I kinda have her considering the very southern part of Georgia within 60-90 miles of Jacksonville. I just don't want to be in Florida. Financially they're pretty close for retirees are like we are.

Short trip up into TN and you'll find lots of good 4x4 parks.

This Trail system just opened up in the badge of honor program for Florida. This seems like it would be what you’re looking for @OlivierJeepDad

2D8FAB31-8B1D-451E-9FCC-C213115A237A.png

Jerry,

There is Adventure Off-road park not 20 minutes from me. Then there is Windroc up by Knoxville.

Georgia has alot of good mountain trails as does northern Bama.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

The wheeling in GA is much better than FL from what I’ve seen. There are at least a few parks, Durhamtown, 5313, Iron Mountain. Most of it is a bit further north than South GA but not the end of the world.

And of course TN as some have mentioned.

Remember that FL has no state income tax if thats a factor in your relocation!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
North of PCB, along the intracoastal waterway. We were on private land; not sure if there was any public access nearby.
Oh okay. Just curious. I'm not far from that area. Never seen such a large area of sand like that. That's pretty cool