Gulf of Oman

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Nice place to camp on the beach. Lots of rigs have trouble in the deep beach sand. The old TJ can easily pull a loaded trailer through it. High tide came 15 feet from the tent. Perfectly pl
IMG_3421.JPG
anned placement.

Does it feel weird being over there . Seems I never see houses, etc in pics.

Does it feel weird being over there . Seems I never see houses, etc in pics.
It is nice. I have loved in the middle east for 17 years. Great food, good people. I'll post pictures of houses some time. Locals live in houses primarily, everyone else mostly in apartments. Local Emirate's make up somewhere around 30% of the population. The other 70% is fairly diverse with India leading the pack.

Having a tent on the beach doesn't seem to be a bad deal. Considering a couple of days ago here in Missoula, it was 3* @ 5 AM.

Beautiful pic! Camping on the beach though - hard pass! Sand blows. Literally. Everywhere.

I imagine you're pretty used to it by now though.

I enjoyed my time in Saudi Arabia. Spent a year there and thought about pursing jobs in other regions. Little more open to western cultures then SA. I was fortunate living close to Bahrain was a little more accepting.

I had opportunity In UAE, and Bahrain.

Great picture. I should visit Dubai in the late summer, we'll have to get together for a beer.

I wonder how much it would cost me to ship a TJ from Dubai to Ankara (assuming I can get approval)?