Gun Control

I'm unaware of how some of these gun laws work. Let's say you live in an open carry state for instance. I know you can carry around your gun in the open, but are you allowed to carry it into places of business (i.e. a mall, store, etc.) or is that up to the individual store / shop to make their own policy on guns?

Unless it's posted, yea. Now handguns, it's very common to see people packing on hip stores, everywhere. Although it's posted at Walmart, I've seen people packing in there. Up until few years ago you could carry in civic buildings, courtrooms and such.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Got it. So if you have a concealed weapons permit, and you're carrying it in a store where it states "NO GUNS ALLOWED ON PREMISSES", is that actually illegal if you were to get caught?

Yes. But I can tell you, as a matter of experience, how do you caught? I don't believe in concealed permit, at all. If people on outside would come here and actually know who was carrying, you'd think it was wild wild west. Do we have violent crimes? On occasion, it's actually rare here. Just week ago they found a body dumped over bank at one of the off-road park (I probably passed it several times last week). Turns out, he was killed in Indiana, and someone from Wisconsin dumped him there. So it wasn't anything to do with anyone around here.

Also something of interest to you, there are flea markets around here where certain parts only sell guns. Not in hiding, out in full view of everyone. It's quite funny actually. I've bought guns and sold guns at these places.

Yes. But I can tell you, as a matter of experience, how do you caught?

Oh I agree, getting caught wouldn't be likely. I was just asking because if for some reason you did get caught I wasn't sure whether it was illegal or not.

I feel like if you carry your weapon out in the open (on your hip or something) someone is probably less likely to mess with you as oppose to if it's hidden.

Wow, a dead body just laying there for a week? That's insane...

Is that a common occurrence where you live? LOL

I wouldn't call it common, but these asshats like to get an AK or an AR and walk into Starbucks or whatever store/diner. They order something and stand around like they're some kind of advocate or some shit. Then, when a person, rightfully in my opinion, calls the cops to report some idiot with a gun and a couple cops show up, the moron starts recording and basically tries to bait the cops into violating their rights. Then, they put it on YouTube for everyone to boo and hiss at the cops.

These idiots are doing more harm to the 2A than even he most staunch democrats.

It pisses me off because it makes it difficult to be pro-2A when assholes like that are grouped in with me.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Walking around with an AR in public, while it may be legal, is also very stupid.

Ooh yes you going to jail if you get caught, permit or no.

Now you say you think people less likely to mess with you if open carry on hip, very true. But, around here.... It doesn't matter. 7\10 people you run across got something within reach. Needless to say, people don't mess with other people regardless. On that note, people would assume we are all assholes. Well there is plenty around, but majority of people around here would treat you decently. Last week I stopped 3 times people on side road asked if they needed help, week before 2 times.

I'm not actually sure how long the dude been there. Hell I could padded him up dozens of times.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Walking around with an AR in public, while it may be legal, is also very stupid.

I agree with that. It's one thing to walk around with a handgun in public holstered to your hip, but I can't see any immediate reason someone would need to be walking around in public with an assault rifle strapped to them.

You can't really blame someone for calling the cops on that because it's a bit 'extreme' and with all the shootings going on lately it probably provokes a lot of fear.

Ooh yes you going to jail if you get caught, permit or no.

Now you say you think people less likely to mess with you if open carry on hip, very true. But, around here.... It doesn't matter. 7\10 people you run across got something within reach. Needless to say, people don't mess with other people regardless. On that note, people would assume we are all assholes. Well there is plenty around, but majority of people around here would treat you decently. Last week I stopped 3 times people on side road asked if they needed help, week before 2 times.

I'm not actually sure how long the dude been there. Hell I could padded him up dozens of times.

Definitely different up here. You'd very seldom see someone with a gun in Portland even though Oregon is an open carry state. Of course Portland is full of the biggest pansies known to man-kind, so that's not really surprising.

Actually it depends on the state as to if a No Gun Zone is legal or not. In some states it doesn't matter if the store has a no guns allowed sign. It isn't legal by the rules of that state. In other states you have to have a legal No Guns Allowed sign to make it legal. So you have to know the rules of the state and other states you might go to if you have a concealed carry permit. You also have to know which states you're allowed to carry in. Example is I have a concealed carry for Washington but Oregon doesn't recognize my permit. So I have to get an Oregon permit if I want to carry there. And getting the Oregon permit isn't easy.

Reactions: Chris
Actually it depends on the state as to if a No Gun Zone is legal or not. In some states it doesn't matter if the store has a no guns allowed sign. It isn't legal by the rules of that state. In other states you have to have a legal No Guns Allowed sign to make it legal. So you have to know the rules of the state and other states you might go to if you have a concealed carry permit. You also have to know which states you're allowed to carry in. Example is I have a concealed carry for Washington but Oregon doesn't recognize my permit. So I have to get an Oregon permit if I want to carry there. And getting the Oregon permit isn't easy.

Useful information. I need to start looking at laws by state.

Ausgunban.jpg
I have an Aussie friend and they've outlawed owning guns for many years now. She said crime there has skyrocketed and no one goes out after dark. I see people get all upset cause one of the Orlando newspapers printed a list of registered handgun owners in that city a while back. People went ballistic but I look at it just the opposite. Print a list of gun owners in every city and hand it out. Make sure every crack addict and thief gets a copy. That way when they decide what house to break into they know they'd be more likely to live robbing the neighbor than mine. Someone gave me a sign for my front door once to be funny but it's so true. Says "The lock on the the door you just kicked in was for your protection, not mine".

Last edited:
Reactions: John Carmony
I'm unaware of how some of these gun laws work. Let's say you live in an open carry state for instance. I know you can carry around your gun in the open, but are you allowed to carry it into places of business (i.e. a mall, store, etc.) or is that up to the individual store / shop to make their own policy on guns?

As long as the state statutes do not outline that it is outright illegal to carry in the business establishment that you are in, then it is not illegal to carry inside a business that has a no guns/weapons policy. If you are found carrying, the business owner has the right to ask you to leave and and call the police for a trespassing violation though.

For example, my local movie theater has a sign on the door that says no weapons allowed. I snicker every time I walk in because I am always carrying. If for some reason they detected my *concealed* weapon, they could ask me to leave and I would promptly comply.

Open carry is a very hot topic and up for debate. My state is one of a few that does not allow open carry (except for a few very specific circumstances). However, if the push to make open carry legal goes through I don't know that I would except for when I'm out hiking. In my quest to blend in I don't believe that having my gun outside my waistband vs inside my waistband gives me any kind of tactical advantage. However, I fully support a person's choice to open carry.

I apologize. What is the argument for gun control?
After considerable reflection, I can think of nothing appropriate to use in favor of the dilution of the 2nd Amendment other than some seemingly innocuous common sense rules that I'm not so sure don't open the door for more restrictions.

If you use a gun in the commission of a crime, you lose the right to possession.
Other than that, most of anything else is so arbitrary that it ceases to make sense. If you attempt anything connected to mental status, you're swinging blindfolded at a moving target due to how fast the rules can change.

I base that upon the total absurdity of the sex offender lifetime registry and how little it takes to get on that list, how poorly it is overseen, and how traumatizing it is for those who shouldn't be on it.

Print a list of gun owners in every city and hand it out. Make sure every crack addict and thief gets a copy. That way when they decide what house to break into they know they'd be more likely to live robbing the neighbor than mime.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this, and I hope that it was said in jest.

I base that upon the total absurdity of the sex offender lifetime registry and how little it takes to get on that list, how poorly it is overseen, and how traumatizing it is for those who shouldn't be on it.

I agree. I know someone who is on that list for the stupidest thing in... Being caught having sex in a public place.

I agree. I know someone who is on that list for the stupidest thing in... Being caught having sex in a public place.
I know of a friend of a friend who was in a public park in CA. He needed a place to pee and moved to the back end of the park and went behind a tree out of view of anyone at ground level. Unfortunately there was someone on the hillside above with binoculars who witnessed it and called the cops. His plea bargain included lifetime registry. From his stories from the mandatory group therapy sessions, we learned of others just as absurd. 17 year old male sleeping with his 16 year old girlfriend. He turns 18, parents have him arrested for statutory rape and his plea includes lifetime with a small jail term. He went back to jail for contact with his "victim" which is a big no no. He ran into the mom and daughter at the mall, said hi or something and violated his probation by doing so.

17 year old male sleeping with his 16 year old girlfriend. He turns 18, parents have him arrested for statutory rape and his plea includes lifetime with a small jail term. He went back to jail for contact with his "victim" which is a big no no. He ran into the mom and daughter at the mall, said hi or something and violated his probation by doing so.

I used to have a friend with the exact same story, almost. He was 19 and had sex with his 17 year old girlfriend. The parents didn't like him so they called it rape and charged him even against their daughters will.

He ended up not doing any time but getting probation and lifetime registry on the sex offender list.

I felt bad for him because he was 25 at the time we were friends and couldn't get a job anywhere normal for the life of him. He would put down on the job application that he had been charged with Rape 3 and was a convicted felon. Of course most employers simply hear the word rape and don't even bother looking past that.

Pretty fucked up the whole sex offender registry is.

I really hate to do this, but I can't resist. Just making a point I'm not the only one. This is not my statement check link for story. Which is not true by the way.
"Guns now kill more people in the United States than automobiles," Seattle's mayor said.

Here
is the full article.