H&R 1” lift

Cal

TJ Enthusiast
So I’ve gone back and forth between a 2” and a 1” lift and (for now any how) I believe I’m leaning towards the 1” and was wondering what’s success, pros, or cons people have with the H&R springs and 5100 shocks set up. Pictures would also be greatly appreciated.

More and more will recommend the Rancho 5000x rather than the Bilstein 5100.

More and more will recommend the Rancho 5000x rather than the Bilstein 5100.
Ok. I just have only read of guys using Bilstein 5100s paired with the H&R springs because the springs only give you 1” of lift. I thought the Rancho shocks worked better with the 2” springs like pro comp or OME. I liked the idea of the H&R springs because they were just a modest 1” of lift and looked nice with 31s.

I don't see where the lift height would matter beyond a factor in choosing the appropriate length shocks.

The general sentiment is that the Ranchos are far nicer in the small events than Bilstein.

Install H&R 1" springs, Rancho 5000X, 1"-1 1/2" puck body lift, tummy tuck, and Currie front Antirock and enjoy!

Reactions: jjvw
Install H&R 1" springs, Rancho 5000X, 1"-1 1/2" puck body lift, tummy tuck, and Currie front Antirock and enjoy!
Yeaaa I’m not looking to do all of that. Haha. It’s not a heavily off-roaded TJ and primarily is a highway vehicle that takes old logging roads during hunting season.

I don't see where the lift height would matter beyond a factor in choosing the appropriate length shocks.

The general sentiment is that the Ranchos are far nicer in the small events than Bilstein.
oh I’m just going off what I’ve read when I was considering a 2” lift that you still had to use pucks up front to help the shocks be at the height they needed to be at? Excuse me for butchering the relay of what I’ve read.

@StG58 has the H&R 1" springs and Bilstein 5100s. Hopefully he'll see this and chime in. Last I heard though, he loves it!

What are the spring rates and free lengths on the H&R coils?