H&R 1” lift

Yeah, I like to just do it once now. I have done the crappy shock thing and I think that good shocks are worth more than any other mod I can do to my jeep. I also think that the fatigue from running a rough riding vehicle is sucks as I am getting older...

Reactions: jjvw
here is mine 2" H&r with a 2" spacer in front and 1.75 in back (oem spacer removed so deduct 1/2" for that) 31 x 10.5 duratracs on 15" ar23 rims.

wrangler tj 3.JPG

a stock tj on left mine on right
2 jeeps.JPG

I have installed H&H springs on cars and they are of very good quality from my experience. Heard nothing but good reviews on the Jeep stuff.

Reactions: Cal
@StG58 has the H&R 1" springs and Bilstein 5100s. Hopefully he'll see this and chime in. Last I heard though, he loves it!
What are the spring rates and free lengths on the H&R coils?
Yup, installed them awhile ago on my SE and love'm. There's an install thread here someplace with pictures, measurements and details. I'll see if I can find it again.

I got right at 1-1/2" of lift front and rear. Let me look at my notes to see if I can find the spring free lengths. H&R doesn't release spring rates. I could attempt to calculate that, if there's enough interest.

The H&R / Bilstein combination works extraordinarily well, EXCEPT for thing like washboard roads. High frequency small events are magnified by this combination.

Yup, installed them awhile ago on my SE and love'm. There's an install thread here someplace with pictures, measurements and details. I'll see if I can find it again.

I got right at 1-1/2" of lift front and rear. Let me look at my notes to see if I can find the spring free lengths. H&R doesn't release spring rates. I could attempt to calculate that, if there's enough interest.

The H&R / Bilstein combination works extraordinarily well, EXCEPT for thing like washboard roads. High frequency small events are magnified by this combination.
I'm curious as to why H&R over Old Man Emu's lower lift springs.

Reactions: StG58