Had to go to the dark side

Steve Rodgers

TJ Enthusiast
My avatar shows my (former) 97 TJ SE. It didn't have A/C and putting it in would be a big compromise given the anemic nature of the 2.5, even on our little island. I decided to make the switch at my wife's urging, she demanded A/C. After looking for a good clean TJ Rubicon and not really finding one we ordered a 21 2 door JL Rubicon in Sarge Green, 6 speed stick. It is on a boat headed our way. I had no trouble finding a new owner for the SE, it was very clean.
This forum is so great with good information I'm still going to follow.

2021 JLR.jpg

My avatar shows my (former) 97 TJ SE. It didn't have A/C and putting it in would be a big compromise given the anemic nature of the 2.5, even on our little island. I decided to make the switch at my wife's urging, she demanded A/C. After looking for a good clean TJ Rubicon and not really finding one we ordered a 21 2 door JL Rubicon in Sarge Green, 6 speed stick. It is on a boat headed our way. I had no trouble finding a new owner for the SE, it was very clean.

View attachment 197836

Very nice JL. It is going to be super comfortable and capable. Great purchase, congrats!

Reactions: Rick Flair
That's a great looking Jeep dude, I dig the 2 door regardless of the model. Feels to me like what a Jeep should be. Out of the box capability of these newer models really is amazing.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Congrats! I hope it doesn't have the same gremlins that I've heard about quite often with the JL's.

View attachment 197836

Very purdy!

soon you’ll get yourself a project Jeep though...

Exact Jeep I'd get as well. I've been contemplating getting a JL once I graduate or a TJR. TJR would be a lot cheaper, but those JLR's sure do look sweet...