Hagerty News lists 1997-99 TJ value up 168% in five years

TJPurist

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The latest online edition of Hagerty News explores the exponential increase in value of five Jeep models over the last five years. Interestingly, the 1997-99 Jeep TJ Wrangler is one of them, with a 168% increase ! Perhaps someone more tech- savy than me can post the link. I Googled "Hagerty Five Jeeps" and found it.

Its not just jeeps. 4 years ago I bought a 4x4 98 Tacoma Xcab for $4400, I sold it 8 mo later for $6500, about a year ago it was sold again for $9800,then a few months back for $11,800. F'ing nuts. Its gotten so bad from the private party seller dealers have lower prices.

I wonder how they get the numbers? It says based off their pricing guide. Isn't Haggerty a collector car insurance company that uses agreed upon value? So is this based on owners who have really nice Jeeps that use collector car insurance and then whatever numbers those owners decide their Jeep is "worth"?

May not be NADA or KBB or similar that is based on actual sales prices.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
What is this Tik-Tok you speak of????

My old wind up alarm clock is the only Tik-Tok we have.

It's an amazing app that lets young people share any and everything online.

China just launched a TikTok booster over the US to help more info get shared.

China-Balloon-1200x675.jpg

TikTok: We want you to install an app on your phone that will spy on you.

Teenagers: WTF? No Way!!

TikTok: But you can upload stupid dances..

Teenageers: Oh Wow! In that case...

deal-hand-shake.gif

Sadly I think a lot of this is due to auction sites like Bring-a-trailer, cars and bids, ebay, etc allowing people to get the absolute highest price they can for any vehicle that is even remotely interesting to enthusiasts. Gone are the days where you could buy something locally from an elderly person that barely drove it and wants a fair price for it, now all those vehicles get snatched up and sold online to the highest bidder, raising the values everywhere else.

Reactions: Gilaguy23