Hahaha... So true!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
12391349_10156303225810398_6232394432266172210_n.jpg

Reactions: StG58
Still use this one quite frequently with dirtbikes...but my 12 and 14's are all lonely (and ABUNDANT) now without streetbikes to utilize them

Who knew I'd need to buy an 18mm wrench though for the TJ :eek:

Last edited:
I know what you mean Chris! I know what you mean. With me it's the 10mm box open end. I may as well walk out the back door and fling the 10mm box open end wrench across the field when I open up a new wrench set. Then I'd know with certainty not to look for it. I wonder if NAPA would sell me a set that just has a bunch of 10mm BOE's in it?

Haha! I'm always searching for my 10mm sockets. I guess it makes sense since a 10mm seems to be one of the most common bolts.

When i started tinkering with cars, 1/2" was the one I was always looking for. Only foreign jobs used MM.

I'm not even sure if Jeeps use metric sockets or not, but I always use metric sockets on my Jeep and it seems just fine.

Personally I can't stand with I encounter bolts that aren't metric... I wish the U.S. would have gotten on board with the metric thing a long time ago.

I'm not even sure if Jeeps use metric sockets or not, but I always use metric sockets on my Jeep and it seems just fine.

Personally I can't stand with I encounter bolts that aren't metric... I wish the U.S. would have gotten on board with the metric thing a long time ago.

Metric, and let's not forget Torx.
The only thing I use my standard set is my 1980 Cub Cadet garden tractor.

The thing that makes me crazy is when an assembly has both metric and SAE fasteners. I can work with either, no issues. But both!? Really? Consistency is one of the keys to quality.

Last edited:
Yeah, metric and SAE combinations drive me nuts!

98% of all my tools are metric.