Half door locks

Craig O

I recently purchased half doors and they came without locks so the holes are just empty. I was curious if there is locks that include a key that I can order. (Doesn’t have to match my ignition) I’ve looked but I don’t believe they are the full locks.

If it is the older doors, I believe you want OMIX 11813.13 Lock Cylinder Kit (97-01). On Amazon, the description is wrong, but other vendors are correct. I know Quadratec has them.

Reactions: lowranger and Tob
If you have a pull-your-part junkyard nearby you can grab a set from any older Jeep. You can have them rekeyed at a locksmith or order a pin kit. You can also just file down the pins until your ignition key works. This is what I did for my half doors since I never intend to purposely lock them. Another option that looks surprisingly good is a set of chrome bolts from the hardware store. See the attached picture.
20200501_140417.jpg

If it is the older doors, I believe you want OMIX 11813.13 Lock Cylinder Kit (97-01). On Amazon, the description is wrong, but other vendors are correct. I know Quadratec has them.
What about newer doors? I have a set of 03 half doors, and I'm trying to order all the hardware I need, but I'm not sure I have it all. Anything I'm missing?

-lock cylinders (not sure which one) 1. https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-a...eep-wrangler-tj-unlimited-jk-liberty-kk-97-01
2. https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-a...wrangler-yj-tj-and-cherokee-xj-grand-cherokee

-lock cylinder retainer: https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-a...iner-jeep-wrangler-yj-tj-grand-cherokee-zj-xj

-lock cylinder gaskets

-lock cylinder lever? not sure if i even need this? https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/55076307-door-lock-cylinder-lever-wrangler-tj-unlimited

If anyone has some pics of your half doors with all hardware inside how it's supposed to be, it'd be helpful to see.

Reactions: TJTJ04
Jeep thought the same thing in 1988. Their half doors came without lock cylinders and no lock/unlock switch.
yup, no locks, just a nice clean door
6zmlLdq.jpg

I just reinstall the little factory nut to discourage any theft of my doors...a thief isn't going to stand there long enough to undo the nut...or there are the McGuard anti theft nuts available that require a special socket to remove if you think you need more protection

..now that I think about it, I bought my '76 CJ7 in1980 and I haven't had a Jeep with door locks on it till just a few years ago when I bought my used 2000 TJ

View attachment 162270

I just reinstall the little factory nut to discourage any theft of my doors...a thief isn't going to stand there long enough to undo the nut...or there are the McGuard anti theft nuts available that require a special socket to remove if you think you need more protection

..now that I think about it, I bought my '76 CJ7 in1980 and I haven't had a Jeep with door locks on it till just a few years ago when I bought my used 2000 TJ

I have the McGuard lock nuts on my LJ. Unfortunately they can be removed by using a pair of pliers.

What about newer doors? I have a set of 03 half doors, and I'm trying to order all the hardware I need, but I'm not sure I have it all. Anything I'm missing?

-lock cylinders (not sure which one)

OMIX 11813.13 Lock Cylinder Kit (the Crown kits don't come with the return spring on the end of the cylinder

-lock cylinder retainer: quadratec.com/p/crown-a...iner-jeep-wrangler-yj-tj-grand-cherokee-zj-xj

yes

-lock cylinder gaskets

quadratec.com/p/omix-ada/door-lock-gasket-91-02-jeep-cherokee-xj-grand-cherokee-zj-wrangler-yj-tj

-lock cylinder lever? not sure if i even need this? quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/55076307-door-lock-cylinder-lever-wrangler-tj-unlimited

The correct flat half door lever isn't available. I used that one, flattened the bend and redrilled the hole for the plastic clip.

except for that disgusting door handle

🧐

:LOL:

Reactions: Tob

If anyone has some pics of your half doors with all hardware inside how it's supposed to be, it'd be helpful to see.

Take a look here, might help.

My doors full doors are 1999 and half-doors are 2001.

@L J

Ok, thanks. I am going to a salvage yard pretty soon, so hopefully I can find some OEM stuff instead of having to piece together this mess of expensive aftermarket parts :LOL:

Reactions: lowranger
Following up on this thread. I've found out a bit more and would like to share for anyone else trying to rekey their half doors or find hardware for them.

The locking mechanism is different from '02 to '03. The top is a 2002 half door (missing a purple plastic clip)

IMG_1164.JPEG

This is a 2003 half door, missing the lock cylinder assembly
IMG_1163.JPEG

From what I can tell, the 02 lock cylinder will work with the 03 door IF the arm on the cylinder is replaced with the Z-turn style

55076307.jpg

Otherwise, the 2003's linkage will not connect to the flat arm on the lock cylinder from the 2002.

IMG_1165.JPEG

I do not know if it's safe to assume that all 97-02 half doors are like this 02 and all 03-06 half doors are like this 03. I only have these two to compare.

For parts, I have found a shop on Ebay called baseline4x4 that sells half and full door lock cylinder assemblies. I plan to order from them soon. Other replacements include Crown and OMIX. The OMIX comes with the return spring on the lock cylinder but does not appear to come with the lever arm or the retaining E-clip for it, and does not come with tumblers or the cylinder cap. The Crown comes with the cap and E-clip but no lever arm, tumblers, or return spring.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I have a 97 with half doors. My ignition key was shot and didn't work on any of the doors. Ordered a kit from Wolf Security - https://www.wolfsecurityhardware.com/

They mentioned measuring the OD of the cylinder...1 1/8" was normal for my year and matched.

I put a hard top on my jeep for the winter and figured I'd fix the door locks because I needed a new ignition module anyways and a set wasn't that more expensive. That and the PO shit sprayed this Jeep white and that included painting the cylinders.

Just need to pull the center console lock and repin it. Tuffy glove box.

-Mac

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I recently purchased half doors and they came without locks so the holes are just empty. I was curious if there is locks that include a key that I can order. (Doesn’t have to match my ignition) I’ve looked but I don’t believe they are the full locks.
Just a random comment- it seems every set of used 1/2 doors on earth are missing the locks - whasup with this?

Just a random comment- it seems every set of used 1/2 doors on earth are missing the locks - whasup with this?
Paranoid people afraid to sell the doors with cylinders that have wafers matching their remaining locks?