Half Doors vs Full Doors on an SE?

I have an SE with full doors and a hardtop and its not even that bad on the highway, I can maintain highway speeds, as long as I'm not going up a hill in just cruising from 60-70, it's just a matter of going down to 4th anytime you need to accelerate

Reactions: RussTJ
Get the full doors but don't let them give you a false sense of security. They may help keep neighborhood punks from grabbing your sunglasses but won't deter a car theif. It is actually quicker and easier to defeat the door lock than to cut a soft top. Take other highly visible actions to harden your Jeep against thieves. Then add some passive measures to keep it from starting like a hidden fuel pump cut off switch.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Don't forget that there are SEs with 4.0 as well (as is the case with my '06).

For the doors though, while I think half doors look great, I really like full doors the best. In all honesty, I've never ridden in a Jeep with half doors, but I'd think the lower height just wouldn't be as comfortable for resting your arm on the window.
The half doors are just the right height to rest your arm on. Nothing wrong with having two sets of doors. The full doors are great in the winter and the half doors are great spring through fall.:)

Don't forget that there are SEs with 4.0 as well (as is the case with my '06).

For the doors though, while I think half doors look great, I really like full doors the best. In all honesty, I've never ridden in a Jeep with half doors, but I'd think the lower height just wouldn't be as comfortable for resting your arm on the window.
I find the half doors are more comfortable resting my arm on. I only have half doors on this jeep and really want full doors also. Im not a huge fan of running doorless because i like to rest my arm. But when the cold hits i would rather have a real window to roll down rather than a slider or plastic window.

I have an SE 2.5l 5 speed and highways aren't bad at all, I cruise at 70-75 no problem hits 80 just fine if you're not fighting the wind or gravity, won't drop below 70 if you downshift to fourth on big hills. It's not breaking records getting there but I'm not struggling to merge or anything.

I don't know how people are saying it's a struggle to go 65.

Reactions: StG58 and Devinr29