Half doors - what do I have here?

There is a trace of the stickers but I cant read them.

View attachment 143042

View attachment 143043
The sticker is white with the VIN printed on it so getting painted over doesn't help. It's always nice to know where a part like a half door originated. Not a big issue as you've got some decent half doors that are hard to come by! The Jurassic sticker needs a nice work out with a heat gun and patience!

I have half doors with lock cylinders but I don't lock my doors. LOL I don't leave anything worth much in my Jeep and I figure it is cheaper to buy a radio then it is to by a new top or uppers. :D

Reactions: Tranz Zam
[/QUOTE]
My 05 is Bright Silver Metallic. The doors are from before 03 I believe when the silver was different. Anyone have an idea of what this door color is on the Bright Silver Metallic Jeep?

View attachment 143045
If you have a VIN sticker on bottom of door, see post #17. The original build sheet will give you what they came off of, the year and paint code.

If you can’t read entire VIN to lookup the build, just try to get the 10th digit. It designates the model year, which will narrow down the OEM paint choices for that year.

It appears the TJ silver option prior to 2002 was Silverstone Metallic, paint code PS5 or XS5

1582971551776.png

Last edited:
No, they are not secure but my plan was to see if it is feasible to disable the interior unlock lever so the key is the only way to unlock for theft protection.

Be careful with that. As long as any door is locked (on any convertible) the risk of sliced up tops goes up exponentially. Heck, my friend's father's MG Midget had it's top sliced open and his doors weren't even locked.

Be careful with that. As long as any door is locked (on any convertible) the risk of sliced up tops goes up exponentially. Heck, my friend's father's MG Midget had it's top sliced open and his doors weren't even locked.
I used to have a Montero w/ a custom soft top. Dumbass thief sliced the rear window two inches from the zipper!

• Wow
Reactions: JEEPCJTJ
Reactions: Viking Jeeper