Handguns, let's see'm

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
What's your favorite and what's your carry? Why? Do you reload for it? (them?)

What distances do you shoot at? Competitively?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I've got three hand cannons, a 1911, and two Ruger revolvers. .45ACP, .45 Colt and .44 Remington Magnum. Cast and reload for all three, plus for the wife's menagerie.

(Pictures coming)

Reactions: MikeM
WWII M-1 Garand, & M-1 Carbines, Glock 42 for my travel and carry, Kimber 1911 as my former duty weapon, and my all time Favorite, just to have it is a blessing: a WWII P-38 pistol, holster and 2 mags, that my father brought back with him, after being over run by the enemy in Belgium and engaging in hand to hand combat during the Battle of the Bulge (google 395th Infantry Regiment of the 99th Division, Wikipedia: Awards ) Since the encounter was up close and way too personal, the Gov't issued documents, and allowed my father to bring the deceased enemy soldier's pistol into the US. Can you imagine that today ?????

Sorry, got off track. No longer do competitive shooting, no reload, and Range shoot as much as I can to maintain retired 50 state CC. :)
20171003_152254.jpg
20171003_152427.jpg

Here is mine and a holster I made for it.
Talon Grips Ruger SR9C I have since added a laser and made a new holster to fit the new hardware.

View attachment 22951

And my favorite range pistol

View attachment 22956
Nice ! Great holster, wish I had the skill to do that kind of stuff.. :) Originally had a Sig 45, it broke, so I tried a Kimber and loved it :)

I have 2 carry weapons, and yes, even in California some can get carry permits.

Ruger SR9c and a Ruger LCP

I don't reload or competitive shoot, but I won't miss you at 25 yards, well maybe with the LCP :)

My friend that I shoot with has a Kimber and he really likes it. How did you break the Sig??

Range qualification one day, after about 100 rounds, my Sgt's Sig(same as mine) broke the firing pin. I laughed at him, and gave him a ton of sh-- over it. My slot came up and I cranked off 4 rounds, and nothing....the pin on mine broke as well.. In humor, They tried to say it was because my gun was so dirty. I said it was a personal combat test to see how well the weapon would perform under heavy conditions in dirt.....

So a teammate hands me his Kimber and says "here, try a real gun" Off the shelf stainless, shot like a dream and sold me right there. I loved the Sig, but the Kimber was far superior. At the time, we were not allowed to alter or rework, smooth the actions or trigger pull on our personal weapons used on duty. For me, the Kimber didn't need anything done, It worked hard for me every time..

Reactions: MikeM and Travis
Here is my collection. Glock17 with light in the nightstand safe. LCP2 and prior to that the LCP, havent left home without one in a pocket in years. The PPQ and GP100 are just because. I do reload .357, and have dies for 9mm.
Handguns1.JPG

Too bad I lost them all in a freak boating accident.

My carry (when I do..not often) is a M&P Shield 40 with an apex duty trigger and CT laser. My favorite is my Springfield 1911 with some DIY trigger work...Its is amazing what you can do with that platform. I also have a S&W J-Frame 38 Spcl with a laser as a back-up carry.
2012-10-06_23-49-09_929.jpg
2688.jpeg

Long guns...few different 12 gauges, Rem model 700 30-06, and just ordered a new 450 bushmaster build on an AR platform. Should just get that in time to get here dialed in for our Nov 15 whitetail opener.

Reactions: WWII Jeeper
My M&P Shield with the Talon grips and On Your 6 kydex holster. After much thought I decided to go with the performance center and I don't regret the decision one bit. Absolutely amazing gun. The other is my baby, my Beretta AL391 Teknys. I also have a Remington 870 which is a piece of crap, and a Marlin model 60 22lr which I've been shooting since elementary school. That Marlin has been an outstanding gun.
71f3cafacb51f8698a61246d5df683df.jpg
aa7cfc143733ff47da38d68007c3a8bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In 45 acp, Glock 30 and Rock Island 1911
IMG_0566.JPG IMG_0570.JPG

In 40 S&W, Glock 27
IMG_0560.JPG

In 9mm, Beretta 92FS Inox, also a Glock 26 on loan to my oldest daughter
IMG_0081.JPG

In 380, Walther PPK
IMG_0074.JPG

In 22 Magnum, KelTec PMR30
IMG_0569.JPG

In 22 LR, Colt 22, also H&R Sportman that was my dad's, don't have a photo of this one.

IMG_0564.JPG

In 44 Magnum, Smith & Wesson 629
IMG_0565.JPG

Also have a couple of Charter Arms in 38 Special.

Reactions: Don_L