Handling / steering issues fixed!

Leinhit

TJ Enthusiast
2001 TJ sport

I have a 3 and 1/4 inch lift with 33 inch ko2 tires. This being my first Jeep I assume they just all rode like a bucking bronco. It definitely was a two hands on the steering wheel adventure.

I was constantly making a judgments to the steering wheel fighting back and forth I assumed the tires being so wide they were just grabbing every groove in the road and trying to follow them.

recently I replace my gas tank skid plate and you can see that other thread for issues I had with the fuel pump. Why was out I decided to tackle other items that I wasn't sure even needed it.

I replace the rear track bar bushing the bushing that went to the frame was very loose and was easily wobbled all over when grabbing it with my hand. I replace the sway bar bushings as well. I also replace the front sway bar bushings. Both sway bar links were new from my lift kit last year.

The difference in handling is amazing, I no longer even have to hold on to the steering wheel to go perfectly straight down the road without any issues, shaking or jumping around. I am absolutely amazed every time I drive it now it's like a completely different jeep.

For those of you having similar issues or wondering if it makes a difference, it absolutely does and was a very cheap easy upgrade.

another bonus since I changed the fuel strainers on the fuel pump while I had the tank out, the difference in performance and smooth running is amazing.

I swear it's like adding extra horsepower, it accelerates smoother, easier and overall is a much more enjoyable driving experience. Go for it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you got things sorted out! I'm slowly fixing all the issues contributing to my Jeep's tendency to wander. I defintely need to take a look at the rear trackbar now.

Glad to hear you got things sorted out! I'm slowly fixing all the issues contributing to my Jeep's tendency to wander. I defintely need to take a look at the rear trackbar now.
I thought to myself how much does it really do? But it's meant to keep the rear axle centered. I assume the shop in the worn bushing was allowing it to wander back and forth out of alignment with the front axle and thus me having to fight the steering wheel constantly.

The bushings are so cheap I would just replaced them.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Front (especially axle side bolt) and rear track bars are always a good place to start checking torque when searching out driving issues.