Happy Columbus Day

gg1

TJ Enthusiast
I am happy to celebrate some crazy sailor that went across the Atlantic way back in the 1400's. I can't imagine living back then. I need my 50" TV. lol

Anyway, I am so tired of the far left and their shit. They have their slave labor shoes on, big TV's, smartphones, clothes and living the good life because we are the conquerers. We are the top of the heap. They want to go back in time and say bad things about this tough man, but they are living the fruits of the labor of men that conquer. Sorry, that is just reality. You drive? You are part of the killing. You drink coffee, ride a bike or really do anything, you are enjoying life because we dominate someone. I am tired of the hypocrites protesting Columbus. Why not just face real life. We are lucky as fuck.

Anyway, enjoy the day. I am thankful and am living in real life and not the far left nutcase life. They are mentally ill with their pretend life.

I am happy to celebrate some crazy sailor that went across the Atlantic way back in the 1400's. I can't imagine living back then. I need my 50" TV. lol

Anyway, I am so tired of the far left and their shit. They have their slave labor shoes on, big TV's, smartphones, clothes and living the good life because we are the conquerers. We are the top of the heap. They want to go back in time and say bad things about this tough man, but they are living the fruits of the labor of men that conquer. Sorry, that is just reality. You drive? You are part of the killing. You drink coffee, ride a bike or really do anything, you are enjoying life because we dominate someone. I am tired of the hypocrites protesting Columbus. Why not just face real life. We are lucky as fuck.

Anyway, enjoy the day. I am thankful and am living in real life and not the far left nutcase life. They are mentally ill with their pretend life.

Well said. 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Since were talking about Columbus. Many people think part of why he did it was to proof that the earth was round. It was widely known that the earth was round. Erastothenes figured it out about 230 years bc. I say that instead of dividing between left or right, lets all hate flat earthers.

Since were talking about Columbus. Many people think part of why he did it was to proof that the earth was round. It was widely known that the earth was round. Erastothenes figured it out about 230 years bc. I say that instead of dividing between left or right, lets all hate flat earthers.

1571155811918.png

The issue is more about the problems of celebrating people like Columbus and those who ushered in the age of colonialism. Acknowledging, studying and learning the complicated history is one thing and ought to be encouraged. Celebrating that history with parades and days off from work gets to be a little odd for those sitting on the Reservation. It isn't seen as a great day. The traditional Columbus Day as practiced by white America can easily be criticized as tone deaf and insensitive.

send-them-back.png

Reactions: Equilibrium31
It's always been, and always will be Columbus Day.

The statement "it's always been" points to the problem with what Columbus Day has traditionally been. Colonialism and the mindset that there wasn't something before the Europeans showed up.

Years ago, several of my co-workers were Navajo Indian. We would discuss things like Columbus Day pretty freely. These guys weren't the least bit shy about calling Christopher Columbus an Indian killer. The oldest and the one I was closest to was also very good about talking about life on the res in New Mexico vs Chicago and why these things still matter. The day doesn't need to go away. But it could certainly benefit from a bit of reassessment in our modern age.

Last edited:
The statement "it's always been" points to the problem with what Columbus Day has traditionally been. Colonialism and the mindset that there wasn't something before the Europeans showed up.

You can call it whatever you want, but as a proud Italian American I choose to celebrate and honor Christopher Columbus.

I won't apologize for it.

I won't apologize for it.

Apologize for what? At the same time, what is being celebrated?

And didn't CC do all this for Spain? Do you align yourself with 15th century Genoa where he was born? ;)

Apologize for what? At the same time, what is being celebrated?

And didn't CC do all this for Spain? ;)

CC was an Italian, and many many Italian people hold him in high regard.

A select few people would like to have the public believe if you celebrate Columbus Day, you're a bad person. At this point, idgaf. Here it's always referred to Columbus Day, we celebrate it, and enjoy ourselves doing it.

Reactions: mushdogs
The Indians are watching their 50” tv’s just like everyone else. I don’t think they would want to go back in time. They wouldn’t survive now that they can chill instead of fight each other.
CC crossed the Atlantic 4 times in the 1400’s. He was a bad ass and you needed to be tough to survive in a time that war and taking over was common. The 1400’s are not today’s lives.

CC was an Italian, and many many Italian people hold him in high regard.

A select few people would like to have the public believe if you celebrate Columbus Day, you're a bad person. At this point, idgaf. Here it's always referred to Columbus Day, we celebrate it, and enjoy ourselves doing it.

Kind of like Christmas and Easter, only less sacred (I think). You are simply upholding a tradition. And it is a tradition whose actual history doesn't really line up well with the popular understanding.

Frankly, the messiness of CC is far more interesting than the simple celebration of his alleged discovery.

Reactions: alittleoff