Happy New Year, any interesting 2019 TJ plans?

How long ago did you order your skid kit? Mine shipped a week after I ordered but that was back in September. Did your Genright rear bumper ship? I still haven't seen or heard anything about mine from the shop. Don't know if they have it now that I think about it.

My goals for 2019 are to pick up the damn Jeep from the shop and then take a break for a while. With that said I'm hoping to have beadlocks and Currie steering before the fall...

Oh no, I am talking about the powder coater. It’s officially been a month now that they have had both my bumpers (front and rear) as well as my skid plate and the control arms. They are taking their sweet time apparently.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
How long ago did you order your skid kit? Mine shipped a week after I ordered but that was back in September. Did your Genright rear bumper ship? I still haven't seen or heard anything about mine from the shop. Don't know if they have it now that I think about it.

My goals for 2019 are to pick up the damn Jeep from the shop and then take a break for a while. With that said I'm hoping to have beadlocks and Currie steering before the fall...

He's just waiting on the slowest powder coater of all time :p

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
I’m hoping to get to at least a few of these over the year:

- Regular maintenance like changing all the u-joints (don’t know what the PO did/didn’t do)
- ZJ upgrade
- Dirt worx rear bumper (with swing out so I can get some gas cans out there)
- 2.5” OME Suspension lift
- 1.25” BL + 1” MML (May require the tc cable fix...)
- 33” tires from my 31s

That’s really about it, pretty excited with where my build plan is at.

Been thinking about it for a couple weeks, but I'm thinking I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy a 2004 Rubicon. 45,000 miles, both tops and 2017 wheels/tires. It's got aftermarket bumpers....really nice Jeep. Won't do much with it, other than maybe some trails in southern Ohio and a trips to the dunes in Michigan. Would like to do a 2" body lift and 33" tires....that will probably get me by and not cost me a fortune. If I buy it is anybody interested in the Meyer Home Plow that's coming with it....it's the full power version and in good working condition?

Oh no, I am talking about the powder coater. It’s officially been a month now that they have had both my bumpers (front and rear) as well as my skid plate and the control arms. They are taking their sweet time apparently.

Ah shoot, I remember reading about that now. Are you getting actual skid portion of the under armor powder coated? I'd be interested to see how that looks and how it holds up on the rocks. I might get mine powder coated eventually if it works out for you.

Ah shoot, I remember reading about that now. Are you getting actual skid portion of the under armor powder coated? I'd be interested to see how that looks and how it holds up on the rocks. I might get mine powder coated eventually if it works out for you.

Yes, I'm getting all of it powder coated. I suspect it will get scratched up over time, but I can easily touch it up if I want.

I'll post pictures once it's all installed of course.

My plan is to cut off all the body and make tube and chassis and panels, instead of having a roll cage inside the body. I plan to keep the belt rail and TJ lines though, want it to look like a Jeep still.

My plan is to cut off all the body and make tube and chassis and panels, instead of having a roll cage inside the body. I plan to keep the belt rail and TJ lines though, want it to look like a Jeep still.

Wait... you're telling me that's a Jeep you have parked out there? :risas3:

Reactions: pcoplin
Wait... you're telling me that's a Jeep you have parked out there? :risas3:
It's inside now! Got the tires on for KOH. Woot!
184fe9f374995d36b9b901c8686e60e3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Still contemplating if I want to outboard the rears and add hoops to the front.
Need to get the axles, savvy bumpers, rubicrawler, and anti rock thats sitting in my garage install still.

*1541H axle shafts going into Dana 35 in rear.
*Chromoly 4340 axle shafts going into Dana 30 in front.
*Replacing existing 4.5" coils in front (got some minor "drupe" due to my 80,000lb front bumper).
*Adding SYE, to eliminate TC drop.

All the above, compliments of "JMT's Jeep Ju-Ju & Java" (Jeep Garage & Coffee Shop, here in Tejas):)

The owner ( @JMT ) is contemplating a move out of state. Area Jeepers however have conspired to keep him so busy with mod business, that he throw's in the towel and says, "Dag nabbit! I reckon I'll just stay put here in Texas!"

Where at in Texas? I’m in the Austin area. Sounds like a place worth visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where at in Texas? I’m in the Austin area. Sounds like a place worth visiting.

Actually, "JMT's Jeep Ju-Ju & Java" is the mythical garage name I suggested to @JMT, while attempting to coerce him into staying in Texas - vs moving to Washington:)

One thing's for sure; if someone did open such a garage in the Austin area, I suspect it'd have some very steady business.

Reactions: JMT
Finally cash in on the MC Jeep of the Month and get their gas tank skid and fix the fuel burping issue for good. Considering some chromoly axle shafts as well. That and lots of day dreaming about 35in tires. ;)

Reactions: JMT and tomtaylz
Hopefully get my Dana 44 in, front and rear regeared and Eaton E-Locker in the rear by February.

Gas tank 1” mod

Hopefully get my Dana 44 in, front and rear regeared and Eaton E-Locker in the rear by February.

Gas tank 1” mod

My 44 is in!! Gears are going in front this week. It’s 8 degrees in SLC and I’m sure glad I’m not laying in the garage floor anymore.

Reactions: JMT
My 44 is in!! Gears are going in front this week. It’s 8 degrees in SLC and I’m sure glad I’m not laying in the garage floor anymore.

Great build Jay! How did the install go? Did you have to have your driveshaft shortened a bit? Any other things I should be aware of?

How did you like the change from OEM brake pads to the BMB?