Happy New Year from Dubai

Christian

Supporting Member
7BE78D6C-1A00-410B-8187-41FBF101E9BF.jpeg
Got my filthy hands on a TJ a couple of weeks ago and I noticed this forum seemed very helpful. Living in Dubai means spareparts and good know how can be hard find.
The seller claimed this is a 4.9 stroke even though I’m not convinced,- the engine is definitely not a stock but it is 4.0 of some sort. So I might have a few questions down the line.

Happy New Year and get wheeling.

Last edited:
View attachment 27780 Got my filthy hands on a TJ a couple of weeks ago and I noticed this forum seemed very helpful. Living in Dubai means spareparts and good know how can be hard find.
The seller claimed this is a 4.9 stroke even though I’m not convinced,- the engine is definitely not a stock but it is 4.0 of some sort. So I might have a few questions down the line.

Your hood louver is rad!!!! I wish they have that here in the states. I am jealous !

Reactions: Reign Mack
Looks good! Though it does look like that hood fits pretty poorly. That’s typical of most fiberglass body parts from my experience.

Either way, great photo, and very cool that you’re from Dubai! How is the weather there right now?

If that thing really has a stroker in it, it would be obvious. A 4.9 stroker would produce a considerable amount of power over stock. I guess one way to find out for sure is to have it dyno’d.

Looks good! Though it does look like that hood fits pretty poorly. That’s typical of most fiberglass body parts from my experience.

Either way, great photo, and very cool that you’re from Dubai! How is the weather there right now?

If that thing really has a stroker in it, it would be obvious. A 4.9 stroker would produce a considerable amount of power over stock. I guess one way to find out for sure is to have it dyno’d.
I think I’ll go for a ride in a stock Tj and see the difference. Whatever the previous owner did to it, it certainly goes quite well, particularly at higher rpm. In any case it’s my new project. Tons of stuff to do.
I see lots of nice Jeeps here- I’ll be spending a lot of time in this forum. Hehe

Reactions: CodaMan and Chris
849F34F9-5451-414C-8B61-96A555357F24.jpeg
I know, right? That's what I get for being nosey. That's a really nice TJ, but it's sorta dwarfed by the JK.
Well, I’ve been driving JK for the last few years. Modding it along the way myself. But lately it started to be a little boring. Driving the Tj brings back the driving to me. A bit like an old Defender I used to drive in the UK. I feel much more connected to this Tj than I ever will to the JK.

View attachment 27780 Got my filthy hands on a TJ a couple of weeks ago and I noticed this forum seemed very helpful. Living in Dubai means spareparts and good know how can be hard find.

Wow that is some serious low tide you have there, the sea must go back from miles !!?? lol
Welcome to the forum...nice looking Jeep there...Questions are always welcome here too

Reactions: Christian
View attachment 27973
Well, I’ve been driving JK for the last few years. Modding it along the way myself. But lately it started to be a little boring. Driving the Tj brings back the driving to me. A bit like an old Defender I used to drive in the UK. I feel much more connected to this Tj than I ever will to the JK.
You just made 4,300 members of this forum very happy with that comment haha