Hard Top Caddy

dan lee

TJ Addiction
Supporting Member
Does anyone have dimensions on how to build a hard top caddy for a TJ, I see a few videos on youtube, but the are for JK verses TJ, not sure if there is a huge difference

This may not help with dimension but an idea.
I preferred not to have my HT hanging from the ceiling so did this.
20170223_171958.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
I made this one for my LJ top. I don't have room in the garage so it just sits outside next to my shed. The upright ones look a bit "tippy" to me. I'm sure they're fine if you have good floor to roll them around on but as mine stays outside I opted to store it flat. My dimensions won't help for a TJ but to be honest, I just grabbed some lumber & screws and went at it.

16-10-30 4.JPG

Reactions: glwood
I made this one for my LJ top. I don't have room in the garage so it just sits outside next to my shed. The upright ones look a bit "tippy" to me. I'm sure they're fine if you have good floor to roll them around on but as mine stays outside I opted to store it flat. My dimensions won't help for a TJ but to be honest, I just grabbed some lumber & screws and went at it.

View attachment 13067
I like your idea. I also store my TJ top outside, but built an overhang to protect it from the summer sun...
img_0173-jpg.13044.jpg

Reactions: PCO6
I like your idea. I also store my TJ top outside, but built an overhang to protect it from the summer sun...
View attachment 13110
That looks good and functional. Sun and heat up here aren't a problem ... unfortunately. Mine spends the summer under a birch tree. It doesn't go any where and I STILL have to wash the bird droppings off of it. :crybaby2: